Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 06:50 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 1st July

Good morning all. Another month gone. I wonder how long this will last?

Lynn, so glad Gill was well enough to go out. Bet Dillon missed you.

Griff glad you managed to get yourself something to eat.

June, hope you are feeling brighter today and the girls are fine. Take care of you.

Mandy, hope it is all over now bar the shouting and hope it went well.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all SAFE and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Bit overcast here today.

Well feeling pretty drained today. We were going out to sort my ring possible insurance job excess £150 sure it will come to more than that. But Mark contacted us last night would we like to go round for some dinner later. So we are doing the going out shopping etc., tomorrow and visiting Mark and Lauren later today and he is getting Joel today for the weekend. We don't like going out then coming home then going out again it upsets Dillon.
So jobs instead today we would of done tomorrow.
I expect they would like us to see the new sofa and the garden as he was busy Thursday tidying it and they bought a few plants to pop in it.

Harvey yes back safe and sound. As always idiots on the road.
Mandy hope the op is now done and you are on the road to recovery.
griff glad you got your curry and rice not so good getting the sore feet though.
June thinking of you.
Kazz good to read that things are moving in the right direction for post op.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Hello all, hope you all have a good weekend. The sun is shining here at the moment
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 07:34 AM
Morning all,
i was awake at 2.30am and stayed that way, i guess my body just doesn't need the sleep and i don't look too rough so all good! dreading today, my neighbour caught me yesterday...she is having her back windows replaced today and just to let us know there will be a van on the drive way...err yeah, thanks for the masses of notice! hope it isn't going to be like last time where they came back on the sunday too, so it is quite warm and i am stuck with the back door having to be shut due to the dogs barking at the workmen
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Good morning everyone

Oh dear Griff thats not good having to be stuck indoors all day and all doors closed. Hope they do it in one day.

Enjoy your visit to Mark's Lynn the ring can wait another day or two. Pleased you managed to get Gill out for a bit but she needs to realise she needs help before anyone can help her. I suppose it is just the way she is coping. Hugs to you all

Good news for you Kazz and hope you have fully healed by the time you go back toes the surgeon.

Hope you are now recovering well Mandy and son be home.

Overcast but very warm here. Nothing planned but I expect I can find things to do in the garden. Have to go into Brighton tomorrow a the mic on my new laptop is not working. I expect they will say it is the other person's fault but I could speak to my son on the old one with no problem. I am now fed up this will be the third time I have had to take it in will see if I can persuade them its not worth the time or money to repair again so give me a new one. Its still under warranty.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Good morning all.

Off to the farm shop shortly. Nothing more planned but I can always do something in the garden.Just got to shake myself. into action.

Mandy Hope you are feeling much more like yourself now....and comfortable.
Sue I would be going down the route of "not fit for purpose" you brought it to use not to keep taking to laptop hospital.
Moyra How is the fence situation moving? Hope you feel well.
Lynn Sounds like a plan in the making, sounds like its coming together for Mark.
Nippy enjoy the sun we have overcast here but hoping the sun wil break through shortly.
Griff Think positive thoughts for the window fitters and it will all go well. At least of they are there early they may be done early. Lucky you it being warm its overcast here.

To everyone have a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Sue, my aunt and uncle bought my cousin a new laptop, when he began using it they noticed that 3 of the pixels were damaged and didn't work...so they went back to the shop, they thought they would be given a new laptop or it be repaired...errrr nope, apparently there is a set number of pixels that need to be not working before they will repair for free...i think it was a ridiculous number like 14...so a brand new laptop with a faulty screen but apparently that's o.k! they offered a reapir at some stupid amount of money
Kazz, still nice and sunny here...did go very dark just as i finished fake tanning my legs Lol...it's o.k now though
well i think they will be done today....hopefully! so fingers crossed it will be warm and i can sit in the garden for a bit tomorrow. Mum and dad have called and stood in front of the webcam again..the sea was in the harbour this time, apparently dinner was awful last night...dad had something that came with triple cooked chips...errrmmm they cooked frozen chips 3 times!! they did however say breakfast was lovely
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Kazz, I wrote to the landlady again yesterday to warn her that the tarpaulins which are currently covering the gap in the wall will not last through another winter and asking what the situation is with regard to the replacement wall. She ignored my last e-mail so suspect she may well do so again.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Kazz, I wrote to the landlady again yesterday to warn her that the tarpaulins which are currently covering the gap in the wall will not last through another winter and asking what the situation is with regard to the replacement wall. She ignored my last e-mail so suspect she may well do so again.
Moyra I wish I had magic wand; I would wave it in your direction with a vengeance.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 02:05 PM
They have gone....i am sat in the sunshine!!! How come it took them 2 days to do the same amount of windows last time? mind you i am not convinced it is the same lot...at least i can go in the garden now
Moyra, that really is bad...i guess the council are still saying not their responsibility then?
Harvey...long story with my aunties friend but they built a house, the woman next door has a bungalow and her wall is the boundary, she had her windows replaced and deliberately had the solid unopening window replaced to one that opens...now she never uses that room but insisits on opening the window so my aunties friend can't enjoy their garden in private, keeps leaving a really bright light on in the unusued room to deliberately shine in their house...she said she was told she needed a fire escape window council planners have said it is utter nonsense and she is breaking the law by opening the window as it encroaches onto my aunties friends property...so they had a free standing structure built to grow plants on so they can regain their privacy...perfectly legal...thursday we assume her son went round, removed a screw from the structure and opened the window up...so he has trespassed...got in via the brook and hedge, there are foot prints all on the bank and part of the bank has now collapsed, they called the police and then received a solicitors letter stating if the structure wasn't removed by tuesday a contractor will be round and remove it!!! it's on their property, not in contact with hers, she is the one breaking the law not them! i told them to secure the hedge with stock fencing and if they need a hand let me know i will happily sit with a coffee issuing instructions Lol...i may also have said there plants could do with some manure....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >