Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Waiting to here back from Tesco's. Bit sad at the moment, went round to see why I hadn't seen someone walking their westie that Tyto loved and sadly she has lost her to cancer. Tyto gave her lots of fuss bless him. I'm sure he knew. Will let you know how i get on with tesco.
Ahhh thats terrible how nice of you to go round and find out, thats a lovely thing to do......
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Awww Nippy, better to get her out than have her sit in the house...her hubby wouldn't have wanted that
Lynn, how lovely of you to make a cake for Gill, i am sure she will appreciate it
Lacey...must be hard for you going to your mums...i didn't set foot in my nans house for 2 weeks before she died and never set foot in there again
Awww Brenda, how sad but really nice you took the time to find out if things were o.k
Kazz Lol....you might read about me on the news...just kidding. i really did just see red last night with that man and luckily i was sober and someone stepped in, if he had gone for me i would have laid him out..wouldn't have thrown the first punch though...as for Steve...well...... i have figured my life is too short to worry about things with him, i will be seeing him regularly as he seems to be on this route at the moment...there's nothing at all i can do about that, i still love him and miss him like crazy, probably always will do but i can't make him feel about me the way i feel about him and that's o.k. I think he expected me to cut my hair off and go back to how i was, he has had some what of a shock as i go out in dresses and i wear heels and if i do say so myself i don't look too bad, i have loads of people telling me how good i look and when i see him now he can't even look at me...he just looks away, i always smile at him though
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Good for you Griff. Brenda, sorry about Tyto's friend, so sad.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Thanks Moyra..i suspect he thinks that I get all dressed up because of him...i don't, I do it for me, I love the fact that my body is now back to how it was when I was 21...i may find it slightly amusing that I am now what he wanted me to be...well a few more months and my hair will look better
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Sorry about Tyto's friend brenda nice of you to pop round. I remember when Dillon was not up for walking one Easter and the neighbour across the road knocked asking how he was. Wasn't worried about me.
griff Steve is probably ashamed and kicking himself all at the same time. Plus you haven't given him the satisfaction of him thinking you can't move on.
Kazz thank you yes far more positive. Still plan to market or if possible for Paul and Beth to purchase to move the house on this Summer. If not early next year. We will get there time not always on our side but when Gorden semi- retires in August there will be more time less money but more time.
I miss my friends and Gill like crazy still always will not being 1/2 hour away. I am happy Mark and Lauren live closer that has made a difference plus the moving on with the jobs in here to. Michael will always strive to work and live in London so no change there except it's not as easy to meet up with him as it was.
The main thing that did it was the fire in the Grenfell tower. That morning when walking Dillon I realised how lucky I am that I had a choice not to have to live in a high rise block I was able to keep Dillon. I do not go to bed every night nor ever have done worrying about living in the sky with my family made 100 times worse now for people I would imagine.
I was able to have some choices where i lived I didn't have to live in a horrible neighbourhood. I also am very fortunate in having very good neighbours either side. Something I really hope I get next time to.
Lived with some awful neighbours once when the boys were small which has always made more appreciative of good neighbours and giving and taking if it means living in harmony.
So yes feeling the positive vibes now and not nearly so many negative ones.
Plus mustn't forget some great support from who I consider friends on here getting me through some pretty rough times.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Awwww Lynn, so pleased to hear you sound positive about things now... you have had a rotten time but there is now light at the end of the tunnel. You are right..we should all count our blessings that although things might not be perfect we haven't got to worry about getting down 20 odd storeys with animals kids etc...apparently our local housing association is discussing putting in sprinklers in the towers here today....private meeting!
I doubt Steve has any regrets about me...maybe getting involved with me in the first place..but then again if he hadn't met me Max wouldn't have had somebody he knew and loved to help him on his way...molly would still be left in the house for extra hours and Steve would never have had someone who would push him to try and better himself ...which he hasn't done yet! i still want him to put in for his nvq..i know he won't as i won't be there to help him with it but that's what his new mrs should be doing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2017, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't be so sure griff I reckon he regrets it a lot.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, good to see you hope all is well with you and your two four legged friends.
Good afternoon Moyra

As you know I do go AWOL from time to time No need to worry (I note that no one did )

Seriously, I get tired at night and sometimes just have to get my head down. Seem to be waking every day around 5 or 6 am so that's part of the reason.

Lara was at the vets yesterday, she has a very small eye problem (Part of the eyelid is turning in on the eye) It's not too serious now but the vet did warn that it might get worse. We could wait and have her checked every so often but SWMBO decided to have it sorted now, so she will be back in two weeks for the operation.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am over to see Gill tomorrow and not sure what to expect to be honest.
Feeling worried at how I am going to find her.
Must be difficult, do you talk about it all and go into every detail OR do you skirt around it and talk about anything else but her condition.

You'll do the right thing I'm sure, best wishes to you and Gill.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Hi Harvey sorry to hear about Lara's eye is it entropion ? I do think it is quite an easy operation and recovery.
She may have to stay quiet for while though while the eye heals.
We do miss you but know you have your man cave project and have been finding sleep difficult lately. We wouldn't let you disappear to long before noting it.
Gill no idea yet how to approach things tomorrow. I am hoping she will be well enough to take the wheelchair and we go for a trundle round a garden centre. If on her own sometimes I can make her see a bit of sense. I am preparing myself for a big shock going by Peters emails. Hoping that I will be over prepared and be surprised that she looks better than I am expecting.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >