Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2015, 06:13 AM

My underwater life

Bought the last tank in the store out of nostalgia remembering growing up with a tank. Not a big tank, only 10 gallons for now... but I'm already in absolute LOVE with it and my two fishy babies. They are fantail gold fish. Have tossed out at least $100 on everything so far, but oh well.

I took probably an hour to select these two specific fish, so silly I know! I'm still working on the tank, but it's been a month and all is well so far. I won't get anymore fish most likely until these two both die, which I hope is no time soon.

EXTREMELY HARD TO TAKE PICS OF THESE CONSTANTLY MOVING THINGS!!!

This guy is Slate, of course because of his color

This is Rhonda... he/she says hi lol

Diving for leftover food

Tails intertwined...

Slate and Rhonda get along well, they feed equally and are often near each other in the tank. They weren't in the same tank at the store, as Slate is over twice the price of Rhonda, but they're good together.

So nice to hear the water at night as well. I really love having a fish tank. Wish I had the space and money for a very large one, but not right now. Content with this for now
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Very nice and I doff my cap to you as I know (owning fish myself) how hard they are to photograph.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Thanks Phil. My camera is a piece of cheapness as well so it's even harder to use when trying to photograph fish. If you ever get any pics of yours, I'd love to see.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Will do although mine are very small.

Peppered Cory.
Red Platty
Ghost Catfish
Neon Tetra
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2015, 10:31 PM
I LOVE the neon tetra fish. Back when I was young, those tiny fish are the only kind we ever had. I decided to go with gold fish this time, but I do remember growing up with the blue and red neon fish.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Lovely photography and a wonderfully colourful set up. Glad they give you so much pleasure, they certainly look healthy and active. There is, to me anyway, something really restful about watching fish in an aquarium. Wonder if you'll be be having the splash of tiny fins (couldn't say patter of tiny feet - could I) in the near future. I don't know enough about goldfish to be able to tell if they are a Mr & Mrs.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Thanks a ton Gordon. I'm really very happy to have them. Still looking for a decently priced little rock hiding thingy for them. IDK how to tell a Mr. And Mrs. fish either! I wish I did. I agree about the serenity of watching the fish and hearing the water trickle. At first I felt I had just wasted my money, but I'm so happy I bought it.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2015, 08:53 AM
http://www.fishchannel.com/freshwate...s-females.aspx

This might help you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
My camera is a piece of cheapness as well so it's even harder to use when trying to photograph fish.
Well I was just thinking it must be a serious piece of kit because, to me. those pics look wonderful, better than my camera would do and I paid, what I considered to be, quite a lot for it, of course I am well known as a skinflint
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well I was just thinking it must be a serious piece of kit because, to me. those pics look wonderful, better than my camera would do and I paid, what I considered to be, quite a lot for it, of course I am well known as a skinflint
Why, thank you! That is the ultimate compliment. I took a gazillion photos and only a few came out semi well. I wish I had a nice camera, but I have to make do with the one I have. I'm just glad I got some memories of my little tank friends.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >