Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Propalin didn't agree with our Boxer, made her very sick. We use tablets called Incurin which suit her much better
Thankfully there are alternatives when a drug doesn't suite a dog or ourselves, I have heard of dogs were Incurin didn't suite, all we can do is try them, if it doesn't suite we change to another.

I have used Metcam for several dogs, one was on it for4 years without any problems, when Tilly had Metacam last year it made her sick.

Which is the best drug to use is a nightmare, it is the same with us.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Thankfully there are alternatives when a drug doesn't suite a dog or ourselves, I have heard of dogs were Incurin didn't suite, all we can do is try them, if it doesn't suite we change to another.

I have used Metcam for several dogs, one was on it for4 years without any problems, when Tilly had Metacam last year it made her sick.

Which is the best drug to use is a nightmare, it is the same with us.
I agree, it is all trial and error..... just come back from vet.. as it only occurs about once every 5 to 7 days we are trying an alternative first... 1) try and make her pee last thing at night and more often during the day ( not easy as temperatures are sky high ) and 2) get some cranberry tablets and give her one a day... thank you all for your suggestions and will let you know how we get on
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
I agree, it is all trial and error..... just come back from vet.. as it only occurs about once every 5 to 7 days we are trying an alternative first... 1) try and make her pee last thing at night and more often during the day ( not easy as temperatures are sky high ) and 2) get some cranberry tablets and give her one a day... thank you all for your suggestions and will let you know how we get on
Really hope it helps xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Really hope it helps xx
me too xx
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
As this is only every 5 to7 days, Dene's Greenleaf tablets may help. We get them to one of our dogs for arthritis and he peeing during the night stopped. Samantha wasn't on the full dosage either, started about 3/4 then dropped it to half.

I hope it works.

Just a thought, does she have access to water all day?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:06 AM
If its hormonal you could try evening primrose oil. Its very effective in this area & a 'natural' product
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Hope you find something that does help. I am impressed by your devotion to this lovely dog! Also (as ever) impressed by the wealth of advice and previous experiences shown here. So many things I've never heard of in the dog world I've learned about here. Lucky to never have experienced hardly any of them but it's good to know about these things.

I'd just be 'waterproof covering everything' in your place! While I searched for a cure or something to help!

At least you can come here and have a bit of a whinge about it if it doesn't improve.

Who among us real 'dog owners' would not do everything they can for one of our 4 legged pals when they have a problem - same as we would for our kids (if we have any) or even our old folk.

*hang on - I am one of the old folk! But happily not lost any bladder control .... yet!
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
As this is only every 5 to7 days, Dene's Greenleaf tablets may help. We get them to one of our dogs for arthritis and he peeing during the night stopped. Samantha wasn't on the full dosage either, started about 3/4 then dropped it to half.

I hope it works.

Just a thought, does she have access to water all day?
thanks again... will have a look into greenleaf tablets and yes, they have access to water 24/7...
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
If its hormonal you could try evening primrose oil. Its very effective in this area & a 'natural' product
Didn't know that!!!! will investigate that too... just read up on Cranberries and not overly keen on the side effects on dogs with those...
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Hope you find something that does help. I am impressed by your devotion to this lovely dog! Also (as ever) impressed by the wealth of advice and previous experiences shown here. So many things I've never heard of in the dog world I've learned about here. Lucky to never have experienced hardly any of them but it's good to know about these things.

I'd just be 'waterproof covering everything' in your place! While I searched for a cure or something to help!

At least you can come here and have a bit of a whinge about it if it doesn't improve.

Who among us real 'dog owners' would not do everything they can for one of our 4 legged pals when they have a problem - same as we would for our kids (if we have any) or even our old folk.

*hang on - I am one of the old folk! But happily not lost any bladder control .... yet!
Haha Pat, you certainly made me smile!!!! and I agree... they are my babes
thank god you haven't lost your bladder control, lol xx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >