View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2009, 12:29 PM

My 2 on the river yesterday - Utonagan

It was a beautiful afternoon so took them down to the river for a couple of hours. Cariad paddled and chased the seagulls and Lona went swimming after her tennis ball. If I threw that for her on land she would look at me like I had gone mad and just ignore it or wait for me to fetch!!! Throw the ball in the water and she adores going out to get it, Cariad - Nah - she still couldn't care less
Sorry it's a bit pic heavy - had so many to choose from

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Wonderful photos, June. Nowhere near enough, IMO.

Dogs look fantastic!

x0x
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Great to see the lovely girls again . Great pics, looks like they had a fab time xxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Great photos

Lona and Hoki would make a good team - Hoki loves her ball on land but isn't interested in it when she's swimming - then she just wants me to throw stones for her to chase the splash
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 01:04 PM
lovely pictures ,it was a lovely day yesterday not like today
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes it is really overcast here and trying to rain, so took them back on the river as it within 5 mins walk, handy when you don't want to get drowned. No sooner had we got on the bank then there was the cutest family of geese you have ever seen. Mummy and Daddy with all the fluffy babies, but a bit scary as my 2 immediately thought 'lunch' plus the water was quite shallow where they were, and Lona can swim Daddy goose was shouting 'keep away - keep away..' and I shouted 'leave' expecting complete deafness to take over, blow me down if they didn't come running over to me - the biggest shock ever - it has only taken them nearly 3 years to actually respond in a 'real' situation as opposed to the training situation where they will do it perfectly
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Oh what gorgeous, gorgeous pics there, and dare I say it, but they look soooooo calm and yet happy with it The reason they left those little ducklings alone was because they've been having little chats with Zena again!!! I hope you like your "new" doglets June????!!! Don't be shocked, just enjoy it........ while it lasts!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh that is sooo kind of Zena to put them on the right path, goodness knows I have tried my best with them
Give her a big hug from me and tell her I will top up her mobile for her as a reward, there is no need to ask Mummy or Georgie for extra pocket money. What a lovely girl she is and thank goodness sanity has prevailed, maybe I can come off the nerve tonic now??
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 03:05 PM
No, don't be too drastic just yet June .........Zena herself is now going through a bit of a norty stage, (no doubt from new tricks she's picked via these constant telephone conversations I've overheard concerning hosepipes), but rather enjoy it while it lasts, coz it might not be for long, so don't give up your lifeline yet! That's just my opinion of course I'm on intravenous at the mo!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh those NORTY Norties, I was rather hoping that Zena would maybe make them realise what Norty Girlies they can be!! Wish I had had my camera with me today because the geese would have made a beautiful piccie, and also I need a piccie to mark the day they did as they were asked first time!!! Although I think the Girlies were wise to stay away, that Daddy Goose would have given them a severe seeing to, I have no doubt about that!!! Maybe discretion was the better part of valour and they were Pretending to be obedient!!!
Back to the Nerve Tonic in that case!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >