Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 05:01 PM

got to get ben to a vets

hes nibbled a patch off his back, ive been bathing it (salt water) but hes still nibbling. so off to the vets for ben. his first visit for illness of some kind.
but i was going to take ben to a local village fete next weekend, they have got a small dog show there.and i was going to enter ben (his first ever) but cant with a nasty spot on his back can i.
was going to take him with his *girlfriend* pebbles get them to walk around together.
i think bens just shy and didnt want to enter.
ill let u know how the vets go. he needs a buster collar.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Don`t they always choose the worst timing to have an allergy or an itchy spot
If he will tolerate it, you might find popping a tee-shirt on him will help stop him making it worse until you see the vet, he might still lick but without such `raw` contact on the sore skin.
HTH :smt001
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Don`t they always choose the worst timing to have an allergy or an itchy spot
If he will tolerate it, you might find popping a tee-shirt on him will help stop him making it worse until you see the vet, he might still lick but without such `raw` contact on the sore skin.
HTH :smt001
good idea why didnt i think of that.
hes at the vets today 3pm.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Hope his vet visit goes well & he gets some treatment to clear it up quickly.

If its only a fun show, can't you go anyway as long as whatever it is isn't contagious? Surely that wouldn't spoil his chances in things like waggiest tale?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 12:53 PM
big nelson's in a bit of a mess right now. every year, in the hot months he sweats a lot (big newfie), he's got the fur pulled out of his back leg, licking at bare skin. i've been treating it with tea-tree oil, seems to be getting better.
but he's a big nightmare, he will not let you near it, big sod, so I wait till he's snoozing, creep up, and squirt, squirt, big sod looks up and you can hear him saying, you dirty so-and-so, then I beat the retreat, rapidly.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Aw sorry to hear about Ben's itch. I am sure the vet will be able to give you something to stop it.

Hope Ben is all better sooner, rather than later.

Aw Nero - hope your Nelson's itch dies down as well.

Hugs to both dogs.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
bens now all depressed hes got a buster collar on and looks like a lampshade, OHs calling him *lampy* but a few treats put a wag back on hes now waiting to go for a walk, but no off lead for ben just boring old lead walkies.
hes got antiseptic cream and ive got to bath it foirst (salt water) then put the cream on. LOL went to a garage and snaffled a pile of disposable gloves (shhh dont tell)
but hes managing to eat n drink ok now, and hes stopped walking into things now.