Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2017, 07:39 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 21 February

Good morning all, wonder what sort of day it is going to be.

Griff, do hope you are ok we didn't see you at all yesterday. That goes for LG too.

Harvey, how's your back and your four legged friends too?

June, so what's with all the girls turning their backs on Mabs.
and Zen being so upset too. I hope they get over it today. Any further news on your son's new job?

Lynn, hope Dillons paw will be better today, poor lad. How's Mark is he all signed up ready for the new job and what is he doing about the travelling side of things.

Eileen, Jenny et al that have gone AWOL do hope you are all ok. Take care.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2017, 08:03 AM
Morning Moyra, and all who follow
Was at work all day yesterday, then me, Lauryn & my friend and her daughter went to a 'Friends' themed quiz, which was good fun. But came home to not such good news, my little nephew Joel is back in hospital with his mum cos he's still loosing weight, I asked his mum to find out if he's allergic to the milk cos I remember it happened to my god daughter, but he's not being sick so the doctors don't think it's that. Hopefully he's sorted soon, we are all really worried but not as much as his mum & dad obviously
TW fingers crossed for your son & his new job, hope the girls are ok this morning and have sorted their squabbles.
Lynn hope Dillon's paw is ok this morning
Moyra hope you get on at the doctors ok this afternoon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Will know more how Dillon's paw is when we go for our stroll he isn't bothering round it so much though. Hopefully it's feeling better.
Mark is all signed up for his job and may get a few days rest before he starts. as for travelling the pla is for now he will travel daily. I am a bit worried about that side of it. It is a very hard job physically and early starts some weeks and others later start later finish. With the 3 hour round travelling thrown in I fear he is going t become exhausted quickly.
Maybe he will go back and lodge with his friends or rent a room nearer after a few weeks months of the travelling.
I am meeting elaine for lunch today.

Mandy do hope baby Joel is sorted soon hugs to you all.
June do hope the scraps between the dogs sort themselves soon.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone

Do hope they manage to find out why baby Joel is losing weight and he is back home quickly. Hugs to the parents

Hopefully Mark can find somewhere cheap to rent until he is able to afford a flat Lynn. The travelling is not good but needs must this day and age. Hope Dillon's paw is a lot better today after his walk.

Fingers cross for your son and the job June. At the end of the day as long as he can manage on the money he will earn but he feels happy doing the work he will be ok.

Hope your appontment at the docs is ok Moyra.

Nice lie in this morning although dear son asked to be called fairly early as he has to be in Brighton before 10.00 am - he's only just got up Its about an hours drive so he had better get a move on. Planning on doing a bit of gardening this morning. Bought a couple of lavenders yesterday for under the kitchen window just got to plan what else to put there.

Have a good. day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Hoping baby Joel does well soon and he's back with mum quickly. She must be distraught poor girl.
Well....a right old night last night, BUT I know what's going on now, more or less, and can build a picture and find a solution. Another to do with Zen around 9pm. Dragged Mabs in, I was out there within seconds of it kicking off, Mabs did a runner into the little kennel and I dragged her out and into the utility. Made a fuss of Zen till she stopped crying, Kesh took her off to bed and I went into the house. Mabs not the the tiniest bit sorry. I left her in the utility for an hour after telling her off. Then let her back out, she went straight in the little kennel everyone else went into the big one, so they are as fed up as I am, they are looking after Zen and giving Mabs dirty looks.
Kept an eye on everything via CCTV. Checked before I went to bed. Had a soak and a read, checked CCTV had it on in front of me on my phone. Went to sleep, woke up at 1.40 am, checked, no one out. Woke up at 3.50 am and there was Mabs pacing backwards and forwards up and down to the fence. Watched her for 10 minutes, went down and she ran back to bed, I went back in and watched, she came back out and continued pacing. She also kept sticking her head into the big house but no one was having any. I went back down and brought her in because whatever it is that's coming up to the fence its causing all this. There is absolutely no noise being made whatsoever in all this, it's deadly silent. Mabs back out this morning, but will bring her in before I go on the bone run and again after tea, then let her out for a bit before bed and then bring her in again.
Have read up about foxes mating habits, they mate in January and give birth in March, February is a 'quiet' month, not here it isn't! Maybe they are a bit later here, I don't know. I always thought it was April/May when the cubs were born
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Morning Sue and June.

Sons hey Sue.
I thought foxes were still quite vocal around this time June. Maybe a cat pacing about ? Do hope it sorts itself soon and everything settles in the pack.
Is Mabs picking on Zen because she is the youngest ?
Any news on sons job ? Fingers crosse it all works out well.

Dillon seemed better today thank you. He did dawdle back though because I made him go the way I wanted he wanted to go by the church and doctors surgery and the very long way back.
He can sulk for england when he wants.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Hope they sort baby Joel out soon, lots of babies lose a bit of weight initially lets hope it is nothing more serious than that.

June, hope you sort out what is worrying Mabs and causing all the problems.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Heavy fine rain has set in now. Back from the bone run. Brought Mabs into the kitchen whilst I was out, offered her a bone when I got in and she just wanted to go out so must have needed the loo. Interestingly, Zen wanted to have her bone in the utility and not outside, so thats where she is at the moment, with the top door open as its quite mild out.
I'll have a brew and watch Doctors, then let her out and get the beds done and clean up.
I think whats happening is Zen is coming out to Mabs when she is on guard at the fence and she is getting duffed up because whatever it is out there (more than likely a dog fox) is HERS, because this happens at night between 7pm and 9pm.
I'm going to keep Mabs in whenever I am out or at night when I am in bed to break the habit of whatever is happening and stop the visits. The pacing she was doing was relentless and that is not a good thing for her to get into either. I knew Mabs would be at the bottom of it all, her behaviours when she is coming into season, particularly Spring, is bizarre. This little lot is worse than what to me is the 'norm' with her.
LOL at Dillon, having a sulk, at least he didn't go on strike, because no idea how you would have shifted him, Lynn
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone, well, my kidneys have failed and he wanted me to be admitted to hospital today but it has been postponed waiting to hear from the consultant. I may have to go on dialysis. I am to stop taking the metformin. My blood pressure is ok as is my temperature. A response from the consultant is expected this afternoon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Oh Gawd Moyra, have been thinking of you and hoping it was something avoidable. Whats going to happen now, will you have to go into hospitable today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >