Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 05:07 PM

bichon frise breeders

hey.
My mums friend who looked after scruffy for about 6 months while my mum was ill is looking for a bichon frise puppy. The first place she is looking is a rescue and has her name on a list for a young dog or puppy.
Although, she will consider a breeder if one doesnt come up. I have found the puppy breed register on the kennel club site, but basically, does anyone know what the difference in cost is between a registered puppy and an unregistered? I have of course urged her to buy a registered puppy whos parents have had all the health checks, but i dont think she is will to pay more than £300 for a puppy. Does anyone know if registered bichons are more than this?

Thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi Jenny sorry I don't know but would have said a lot more than £300 for a good KC reg puppy...I would have guessed around £550 + .You have no guarantee an unregistered pup is what they say it is, or that it did not come from puppy farm so you are paying extra for peace of mind and quality. I would think breed rescue as you suggested may be the best option if this lady can't afford more.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 06:12 PM
thanks mini.
when we got scruffy 7 yrs ago prices were a bit different. altho he wasnt registered, he was £250, ive looked on the online websites to see the price of unreg, not that i wud let her buy from there, but they seem to be £450.
I guess times change.
Lets hope she gets one from breed rescue

thanks for ur help
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 07:11 PM
hi jenny,,
my kc registered bichon frise cost £450 and that was almost 8 years ago
I know that it is quite an expensive little dog and last i heard they where between £550 and £600 kc registered i know thats a lot,, hope she finds one soon

kimberley x x x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi Jenny,

I have seen Bichons with KC reg in Loot for about £400 recently although I haven't seen any for below this price. I think the only way she is going to get one for £300 is if she buys one that is over 12 months.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi Jenny here are some links to Find It, an online advertising site, it is very good, Florrie was advertised on there, and it is very popular advertising site
Best wishes
Bichon pups
Bichon pupd 2
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2005, 08:04 PM
At the risk of being lynched - can I urge people not to buy puppies advertised in classified listings?

Contact the Breed Club for the breed you are interested in, who will put you in contact with local breeders in your area.

Bichon Frise club of GB