View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Freysterdewdrop
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I never knew frey was on season because she didnt really swell and she 'cleaned' up after herself. It was when i took her to the vets to be weighed he told me she was on season. I had been waiting for it and didnt relise she was on it.
xx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
She is so in season.
Swollen vulva
Smelly
Smelly pee
Licking herself
Sktiish
Moping a bit
Doing the looking at her bum like shes been stung thing

Sounds like all the symtoms then!! Tilly's bits didn't swell up until the end of the first week but all the rest of above within days!
Oh poo.
Bloomin' typical.

I believe day 12 is around the important time so she isn't near that yet....
She is going home tomorrow evening so I will keep her til then as I wouldn't want to unsettle the poor girl anymore than she is. How out of sorts must she be feeling?

You know...I should have expected it...
It's sods law isn't it!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
It's sods law isn't it!!
it's unbelievable and i just feel so sorry for her. She must feel so weird.
I think she must have started a couple of days ago. She is definitely in season as there is much more blood now. Bless. She is confined to the kitchen (away from carpets,rugs and more importantly Cosmo..I like him being the only gay in the village......) which of course is more confusing for her. Bless. She will be pleased to see her puppy walker tomorrow I am sure.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 01:01 PM
If you're worried about carpets A, why not throw down some old duvet covers that's what I did, it saved my carpets, and if any did get on there, I just quickly used a Flash wipe and it was gone!

If you keep a strict eye on her bits, you will find about day 10 they will get absolutely huuuuge (Zena's did anyway!) and turn a mauvish colour and that's the dangerous time apparently! Also, if you scratch on top of her rump, if her tail goes to one side, again that's a pointer as well, and Zena did this for quite a few days in the middle. I think the blood stopped too, just for those few days and then started up again. HOpe some of that helps, coz of course, it's all very recent for me!

I thought Georgie was a gay boy, but I think he bats both ways now!!!!
louise81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2009, 01:02 PM
You say that she is spayed,then she wont come into season unless the operation was not done correctly.Or have you also got a unspayed female.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
If you're worried about carpets A, why not throw down some old duvet covers that's what I did, it saved my carpets, and if any did get on there, I just quickly used a Flash wipe and it was gone!

If you keep a strict eye on her bits, you will find about day 10 they will get absolutely huuuuge (Zena's did anyway!) and turn a mauvish colour and that's the dangerous time apparently! Also, if you scratch on top of her rump, if her tail goes to one side, again that's a pointer as well, and Zena did this for quite a few days in the middle. I think the blood stopped too, just for those few days and then started up again. HOpe some of that helps, coz of course, it's all very recent for me!

I thought Georgie was a gay boy, but I think he bats both ways now!!!!
Thanks H...I may think about throwing old cloths down on rugs etc. At least she can come through and watch tele with us tonight...unless Cosmo gets interested!
She is going home tomorrow so thankfully I won't have her at the dangerous bit.

There is a reason I have always had boys....
Originally Posted by louise81 View Post
You say that she is spayed,then she wont come into season unless the operation was not done correctly.Or have you also got a unspayed female.
I have both at the moment...
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-09-2009, 01:50 PM
The truly stupid questions are from the people that learned nothing until after their dog was accidentally bred. I don't see nearly as many such questions here as elsewhere. It drive me up the wall.

Thank you for taking time to ask questions now.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
The truly stupid questions are from the people that learned nothing until after their dog was accidentally bred. I don't see nearly as many such questions here as elsewhere. It drive me up the wall.

Thank you for taking time to ask questions now.
As lovely as FCR X GR pups are ( I puppy walked one) I really don't want an accidental litter happening whilst she is in my care....

I haven't ever had an entire bitch in season in the house....so it is a steep learning curve (and one I could have done without....)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2