Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Oh roy then!!!!!!
Nope - not actually. Did not ask him, but his views on instinct would be about the same I would think.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I would agrre with you to some extent, & i dont think its "instinct" but a dog bred on from sucessfully dogs is more likely to habve the right attitude, conformation etc/

As head postions get more demanding , then a dog needs to be "made" for it
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Theres a certain line, over all three disclipines, that have a reputation , for running off & certainley not having the Atypical collie recall. That has to be in the line.

theres also the dogs with quincy behind them that all have his "pretty feet"

Not "instinct" , but thats special to that line & not taught in
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Theres a certain line, over all three disclipines, that have a reputation , for running off & certainley not having the Atypical collie recall. That has to be in the line.

theres also the dogs with quincy behind them that all have his "pretty feet"

Not "instinct" , but thats special to that line & not taught in
- nope - not special to that line. Others have it and can be taught it...and I know darn well that it was 'Taught' to Quincy...and how it was done!!

We had a training session - and She was shocked that Jazz (my red/white) had the action he did.....and asked how I had taught it.....and then explained to me how she did!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:22 PM
well alot of the ones i know, have not been taught it, & believe me their handlers would not want to.
Wether mary taught it or not is besides the point. The point is that he had the conformation to do it & his descendats may have the same confomation & therefore able to do it.

Alot of dogs may shre the same conformation & also be able to teach it. im not saying its exculsive to that lne, but the predisposition is defintally present there.
Mavs conformation is to trot with straight leg, so flashy, wheras quincy descendants have the pretty toes, bend at the fetlock
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:23 PM
well alot of the ones i know, have not been taught it, & believe me their handlers would not want to.
Wether mary taught it or not is besides the point. The point is that he had the conformation to do it & his descendats may have the same confomation & therefore able to do it.

Alot of dogs may shre the same conformation & also be able to teach it. im not saying its exculsive to that lne, but the predisposition is defintally present there.
Mavs conformation is to trot with straight leg, so flashy, wheras quincy descendants have the pretty toes, bend at the fetlock
I have worked Hard to get Siren trotting like this. Usually the 'pretty toes' is the one easier to teach - the extension is more natural (IMO)

Jazz I reckoned was double jointed.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have worked Hard to get Siren trotting like this. Usually the 'pretty toes' is the one easier to teach - the extension is more natural (IMO)

Jazz I reckoned was double jointed.
tbh i dont like it so much, i prefer straight legs! (u like what you got!) i think it looks sharper/faster/not so floaty!!!!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:34 PM
tbh i dont like it so much, i prefer straight legs! (u like what you got!) i think it looks sharper/faster/not so floaty!!!!!
I was training Siren to Piaffe - hence I needed the trot - she is getting there - but she does find it hard! It is harder for a high trotting dog to be in that close to you as seems to be demanded now in Ob.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I was training Siren to Piaffe - hence I needed the trot - she is getting there - but she does find it hard! It is harder for a high trotting dog to be in that close to you as seems to be demanded now in Ob.
wow! have you got a vid of the piaffe!!!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 09:35 AM
wow! have you got a vid of the piaffe!!!!
We are not there yet....only met one dog who could do it so far. (the guy I used to work for)
Siren is not so good with lifting the back legs yet.....Work in progress - but I will see if I can get someone to video in training on Tuesday.
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >