Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2008, 03:25 PM

Barking in car crate!

Hello everyone! Now I've got your solutions to our pups biting, he's just started to go ballistic when in his car crate! He's now 9 weeks old, and we've had him for just 10 days. He has been happily travelling in the car for the 20 minute trip to school and back every week day without a murmur-in fact he's usually dead to the world when I try and get him out! Sometimes he'd just look at me then turned over and go back to sleep! I do take him short drives to places where I can safely walk him (he hasn't had his 12 week jabs yet) , and he's usually happy to get in and out of the crate. Why the sudden change do you think?
40 minutes of insessant barking and screaming is doing my head in! Thanks in advance for more "miracle solutions"!
Dee
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Have you tried to cover the crate over with a blanket, so he can't see outside?

Our two go crazy when they see people on motorbikes (no idea why!), so it could be that your pup is anxious about all the stuff whizzing past.
spanielworld
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I was going to suggest covering the crate too

One of mine did this and blimey what a headach it can give you

I covered the crate and it stopped - FB still whines in the car if it's not covered but at least the barking has stopped
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the replies, but the crate is quite solid with slats for ventilation, and he's in the hatchback bit of the car so he can't see out much anyway.He's still eager to get in the back of the car, but no longer impressed with the crate. I know he's grown in the 10 days since we got him, but I don't think he's getting claustrophobic yet! He was quiet afer about 10 minutes this morning, so at least he wasn't at it for the whole journey! I gave him a kong with the liver paste stuff to lick, and a chew, but he wasn't interested.....Maybe I'll cover the front grill to make it darker...watch this space! Dee