View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Lunch was lovely. The place here is great. Rioja was to die for. Now waiting for Tesco to arrive in the rain. bfn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Evening all.

Finished work and dinner and popped over to Oldbury to my Aunts to drop her some shopping have a tidy up and change the bedding.
Odd a friend of mine has just booked us for Miller Carter on the 25th.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Awwwww cheers Harvey...i am trying to be good, even taking iron tablets!! something is amiss though, i am utterly exhausted i am apparently a month late in seeing my consultant...no appointment sent and it will be around a month before i can get in
Oh heck, not what I wanted to read. Would this be the same consultant who you mentioned recently who you liked and who you got on with.

Let us know what happens.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Awe no Harvey...this is my senior consultant...he is the boss lol..nobody is allowed to operate on me without him clearing it. I get on with him very very well, the trouble is that all the appts get booked through the booking office, sometimes he can be sat there for 3 hours doing nothing, he prefers to pay somebody to book his appointments directly as patients are getting left far too long after their due time....me, I have a big gob and call his secretary and she books me in but will be at least 6 weeks
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2018, 10:34 PM
Evening all - Chris - pay no attention to that Griff, with her "chicken soup is good for colds/flu" truth is - it didn't do the poor chicken any good.
Brenda - "Rioja was to die for" does this mean perhaps that "Rioja" was the Spanish Waiter! lol !
Mandy - if your Lauryn really does think she's like my Fagin it could be a good while before you get that one married off! lol ! Potential husbands could be badly put off by a backside full of fangs - even down in Derbyshire!
Evening Harvey, did you give any thought to my suggestion ref the shredded paper. It will get rid of the problem and save you money on petrol, running it round to find a disposal site. Then of course you could put the ash on the compost pile.
Well done Griff on taking the dreaded pills - but did you get around to having your curry?
Back later - bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-02-2018, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Evening Harvey, did you give any thought to my suggestion ref the shredded paper. It will get rid of the problem and save you money on petrol, running it round to find a disposal site. Then of course you could put the ash on the compost pile.
Oh gawd I've missed it I could trawl back through last few days posts but if you wouldn't mind a summary today I'd be grateful

Problem is I'm usually not on here late, I often have to let Lara out during the night so I try to get to bed early.

As a follow up on Fagin, yes we have discussed him before, I'm still interested in your thoughts on why he is so 'anti-human' since he's not been mis treated, is it a deep and fundamental loyalty to you and your other half Personally anything 'anti-human' is good in my book if it's strangers. What is he like with other dogs I assume he gets on OK with the rest of your pack so long as they treat him as their leader and obey all his commands (Just like you did in the Army )
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2018, 12:13 AM
Harvey - my suggestion was to put it in an old metal type of dustbin and then throw in a match. Shouldn't burn for long and would only make the same amount of smoke as the average suburban BBQ. I suggested that if you wished to convince folk that this is what it is all you had to do was dance round it with a burnt sausage on a stick.
Dear Fagin is I'm afraid, just the same with other dogs or bitches as he is with humans. No warning, no stiff legged circling or growling with raised hackles. He would if he got the chance just grab them and do his level best to eradicate the poor creatures. This is why we stopped showing him - once he got to 14months old. It was like someone had flicked a switch and changed the dogs character entirely. He had previously, as a puppy and sapling, only ever been placed first in all competitions he had entered and we had hoped that beside a good worker we were bound for great things at a national level in the show ring. He is as near to physiological perfection as I have ever seen but sadly so protective that he is truly dangerous. I have been offered large amounts of money for his stud services but always refuse as there could well be a fault there that he could pass on. Fortunately my personal circumstances allow me to keep him with very little threat to others. He is completely safe with cats, poultry and all forms of livestock found on farms and shows no interest at all.
He is sound with my other dogs and will defer to the bitches on occasion but seems to consider it his duty to protect them and myself from other humans and dogs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
He is sound with my other dogs and will defer to the bitches on occasion but seems to consider it his duty to protect them and myself from other humans and dogs.
Classic 'pack leader' characteristics.

Sounds very much like our Baruska except that she would try to get the humans into her pack by the cannine equivalent of 'flashing her eyebroyes'

It was after she died that I suddenly realised that she did everything in her power to enlarge her pack and provide food and protect it from whatever she perceived to be a danger, in her case that was not humans but huge JCB tractors and the coal delivery lorry

Thanks for the tip about the paper, didn't think about burning, I think we've an old metal bin somewhere around.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2