Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Quite a trip for a hospital visit.
I whinge about my 56-mile round trip for the oncologist. Mind you, in isn't twisty but being M1 and M25 so the traffic can be hell - especially on a Monday morning which happens to be when my next appointment is.................
It's the only drawback to living here.

The appointment was a routine one but the neurologist wants to add another set of tablets to what Gary takes to try to lessen the fits. The big question is whether Gary will tolerate them as it took us years to find the current tablets as he reacted badly to the rest. Needless to say, strict instructions to 'phone him straight away if things go badly
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Chris, hope your son does o.k on the new tabs
Mandy, I read the same about AstroTurf... somebody round here has their front lawn done, been down about 6months and has a massive dip in it
Lynn, I hope Gill improves
Sue.. lol, nope wasn't good... couldn't get the tablets in and get to the hospital without having a mishap
Got a photo wallpaper thing from Lidl today for Steve's gaming room...it looks great online, hope it's just as good when it's on his wall
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Chris not sure if it makes any difference but sometimes the coating on tablets can cause side effects. eg: ibuprofen coated in pink as opposed to white ones. My daughter can take the white but not the pink. Just a thought.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Thanks Brenda, but, unfortunately it's not the coating. He has been on different anti-convulsants since he was 9 years old (he's 47 now) and he's reacted badly to them all. He tolerates this latest one, but only at 400 mgs. Any more and he gets dizzy and sick with flu like symptoms. The doctor wanted him on 500 mgs but agrees it's a no go as his quality of life would be even worse than it is now, hence trying to supplement with this new stuff
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2