Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2018, 10:06 AM

Morning Daily Thread 30th January 2018

So good morning all. Sleepy heads or busy doing something. Sunny here but clouding over as I speak. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Morning Brenda...been busy!!! put the hoover round, fed the dogs and cat, took the rubbish to the bin and spoken to my mum and the hospital...ENT apparently want to see me tomorrow, no clue what that is about! Suppose they will give me another hearing test...have told them not to bother, my hearing has gone and i just get a headache after it....have to be there at 11 so an early start for me and the poochies.
Mum is 60 on the 8th and having a small lunch time do so i have to get some bits for her today....need to figure out how the heck i am going to carry 2 large rolls of tin foil Lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Good morning Brenda, Griff and all who follow

Take care whilst out Griff and hope you dont feel too bad after your appointment tomorrow.

Morning Brenda. The weather is the same here but at least it is still dry as tomorrow's forecast is dire

Hope you are ok Lynn and just busy with the house and house hunting

Walked Teazle and been doing some gardening. Soil is quite heavy but at least I can dig it to get out the horried little green things with white bulbs in the end that keep coming up. Smell a bit oniony so they might be chives but not letting them grow as in the wrong place.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a god day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Good afternoon all. Beautiful day here today. Lovely sunny morning and quite mild, but a biting breeze coming from the west.

Scrapped our Punto yesterday. It has served us well. When I needed a new car in 2015 when my mum and youngest son was ill and I needed to do a lot of trips to Barnsley leaving my hubby to look after my oldest lad here, it was relegated to back up car status, but in all the years we had it, it never let us down.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Afternoon everyone and all to follow.
Been out doing a recce of some areas none any good. One was a bungalow and the name of the drove rang a bell some Dachshunds were stolen from a property there about 18 months ago.
Decided to take a look one dreadful unmade road, several gypsy sites springing up so it's a no would never feel happy going out and leaving Dillon.

Gill back in hospital again went in under blue lights again bad infection most probably sepsis again. Peter has contacted the hospice people today and they are going to make a referral to the hospital and see about palliative care when she gets home again.
At least the stairlift will be in it is being done Thursday. Wet room next week or beginning of following week. Ramp all sorted now so as long as she gets the proper care everything in place this time as it should be.

Sorry to hear about wing mirrors and lurgy's and cars having to be scrapped.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Aww Lynn, so sorry to hear that, please send her my love
Chris..I hate getting rid of cars... it's odd but I get right attached
Speaking to you all via my new phone!! Arrived today, Huawei y6 2017, had to spend my savings on it but I can't not have a phone
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Ooh looks a good phone Griff
Sorry about Gill Lynn, but glad the stairlift is going in, will be much easier for her & Peter
I’ve been at work all day, ,Mum took Rosie out for a walk today
As really cold but bright when I went to work. Beautiful red sky this morning
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Very good early morning to you all.
Get a load of that Griff with her lovely new phone - I haven't got a mobile - still having problems getting the messages off the pigeons leg! lol !
Sue, could the little white oniony things be a variety of garlic as we had an outbreak of a couple of clumps of what sounds like the same. To this day I've no idea where they came from but they were quite hard to get rid of and popped up for about 3 years. At the time I was told they were a garlic related species but sadly, for the life of me cannot remember the right name (such is old age)!
Lynn - do hope that Gill quickly gets the better of this latest infection, the long awaited stairlift should make a real difference.
Extra walks for Rosie - she'll be pleased as long as it isn't raining Mandy.
Sorry to hear of the demise of the Punto - always a nuisance when you have to part with a good servant (even of the mechanical kind) although unlike our Griff I can't get attached to the inanimate. Such is her pink and fluffy world of preference! LOL !
Brenda - strange things your way it would seem, with poultry knocking off wing mirrors! I would suggest you look under the bonnet to see if the "Big 'Ens Gone" - sorry I know it's an atrocious pun but one that couldn't be resisted.
Goodnight all. G.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2018, 07:43 AM
Chuckle chuckle cluck cluck cluck Gordon. rofl kicking legs in the air.