Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
I can courier a parcel to Brazil, when no hiccups are involved, in just 4 days.
I remember that episode Sue, still like you say it was down to there being a card in with the book, I think that's what you said caused the problem. I'm quite surprised, impressed even, that the Brazillian customs spotted this at all, do you think they open everything
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2015, 07:37 PM
No Harvey I think it was because I had declared them on the custom form - never again
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2015, 05:00 PM
I haven't used the Amazon lot. Having been badly let down by Parcelforce twice I go out of my way to check which couriers companies I order from use.
I've always had great service from DPD. They've delivered within the hour delivery slot as per the text they send. Hermes and Yodel not bad either.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Amazon keep pushing me to take out 'Prime Membership'. I've always been happy with their delivery service. I can't really see that I would make full use of it, with the video, music etc. Just like my Netflix sub, I don't make full use of that. I'm on here most of the time or too absorbed in a book.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post
I can't really see that I would make full use of it, with the video, music etc. Just like my Netflix sub, I don't make full use of that.
You do need to think carefully if any of these new 'subscription' services are worth the money.

Also I am getting increasingly concerned about internet fraud, recently someone successfully sold someone elses house and pocketed the money (A lot of money) that could never happen before the internet.

Now, at last, company CEO's are starting to take it seriously, but of course the supply of technically capable software engineers is way short of demand
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-12-2015, 03:07 PM
DPD are great. We have deliveries most days and it's normally the same guy who is really friendly and patient on me answering the door. Yodel are a nightmare. Half the time they just dump stuff on the doorstep in all weather without even knocking.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2