Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2018, 10:17 AM

Daily Thread Monday 19th February

Good morning everyone

Hope. your computermybob is easily repaired Gordon.

Horrible day here, rain and misty so nothing planned. I will be bored by the end of it Bought another raspberry bush and a rhubarb plant on Saturday and they are now duly in the garden. Fingers crossed for a good crop from both.

Hve a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2018, 10:25 AM
oooo, very envious Sue, i wanted a rhubarb plant (i don't like it by the way Lol) but the crowns were a bit out of my price range...read i am skint and tight Lol
blood test for me later..i know how to have fun!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Bought another raspberry bush
What variety The one bought last year is still in it's pot, I'm thinking of planting a row as I can't keep up with the watering regime for pots
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Griff, hope all is well on the blood test.

Gordon, if you read this on the lap top then hope the PC gets fixed. We have a lovely lady in the next village who fixes ours remotely. It's a bit risky but we know where she lives and it's near where my parents lived and we think she is trustworthy plus she has to ask for a 'magic number' each time she accesses the PC.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Hello All
Miserable here so weather has put paid to any outdoor shenanigans.
Sue I’ve got some rhubarb waiting to be planted. Have some raspberry bushes lurking in the undergrowth but they never amount to anything. I can’t fathom out if they’re early or late fruiting cos they’re sort of middling.
Good luck with the injection Griff.
Gordon hope your techie can sort out your problem. I dislike technology more and more and it’s taken me days to swap a SIM card between phones. I didn’t come out unscathed as I didn’t want to use too much force getting the protective cover off the new phone and split my thumbnail. Didn’t take much as my nails are very brittle.
Are you venturing out for W-A-L-K-I-E-S yet Losos.
Just heard on the news that the curling team are involved in a doping scandal!
Seriously?? I think you’d have to be dopey to sit watching it hehe.
Well, must continue my exciting day clearing out the cupboard under the stairs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone thought I would le you know still in the land of the living although extremely stressed.
Gill coming home today 2 weeks in hospital in a side room she has c-diff. To many ab's but of course she needs them when infection kicks in. Rock and hard place.
Been extremely trying chasing people giving Peter back up making hospital understand she had no facilities to go home to when they wanted to discharge her.
Anyway all jobs done now we sit and wait and see how long it takes before she has to be admitted again.

Had a skim through and was pleased to hear the mem is clear is of anything nasty.
That your son is now sorted re: decorating Chris.
Hope all computer problems are soon sorted.
griff hope you are well and Kazz your mum is to.
Hope Casey is doing well Harvey.

Hope everyone else and all four legged friends are well to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Miserable day here, dull and drizzly. Ah well, soon be spring.

I hope Gill can finally get comfy when she's home Lynn. It's awful to think that the poor lass is in so much discomfort.

If it's fine tomorrow, we may go carpet hunting. It would be a shame to leave the carpet in Gary's living room as it's looking a bit iffy. It's better to sort it now before the new sofa comes in May as I have a feeling that will weigh a ton whereas the one he has now is pretty lightweight. I can see us getting him sorted then Social Services finally coming up with a place for him. So far, they are drawing a blank and hoping I have forgotten about it. Unfortunately, Gary doesn't fit into a neat little 'box' so there just isn't anywhere more suitable than where he is now in Lincolnshire, but you never know, something may turn up.

The family are still caught up in the excitement of the new baby which I think will go on for quite a while yet. I won't get to meet the little man for a few months yet as they are over in Yorkshire, but It'll be nice to meet him when I make my next trip over.

Does anyone have a memory foam mattress? What are they like? I'm a bit sick of springs sticking in me. New mattresses these days don't seem to last two minutes so toying with the idea of something different and without the dreaded springs
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Lynn, so sorry to hear Gill has been so poorly but i am pleased she at last has what she needs in place, hopefully that will help both peter and gill
Chris, deffo do the carpet with the lighter sofa in place Lol
Harvey...panicking a bit about the blood test as the last results were a bit odd...even for me plus i stupidly booked the test on a monday after i drink on a sunday...duh!!! i am sure it will be all right though, only 4 pints and i drank a shed load of water and coffee before i went
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-02-2018, 09:39 PM
'evening all

Lynn, good to see you, I can imagine how stressed things are for you. Thinking of you all.

TWIX - Yes, for Casey the W-A-L-K-I-E-S are his daily highlight. He has a heart condition but he doesn't know it so for him it's get out there and explore and sniff and maybe meet a few other dogs.

Today we met Ted (another Newfie) he and Casey played a bit, Lara as well, but TBH our two are elderly and Ted has very bad back legs so it was all very gentle and slow

Must go and do a bit more shredding. Bye for now
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2018, 02:02 AM
Evening folks - just finished "cooking the books" so thought I'd drop in for a ;little while.
Good to see you Lynn - do so hope that things run a little smoother for your sister now that things are in place. An awful predicament for all concerned you have my deepest sympathy as it must surely be taking a toll on yourself.
I don't like raspberries and they keep cropping up on us like some sort of weed - don't understand why you have to buy a bush as if you leave the slightest bit of root in the ground ours just pop up again - like triffids! At one time I used to leave a small patch in the soft fruit area just for the birds but they became hard to control - so had to go! Well I say go but in a few weeks we could see the blighters popping up yet again.
Nice for Casey and Lara to have a bit of a play with their friend albeit at a slow pace Harvey. Have a happy shred! lol !
Twix - at someones suggestion we planted rhubarb crowns in a number of plastic dustbins - just filled the bins with rotted poultry manure and popped the split roots 1foot below the surface. They do wonderfully well like that - heavy cropping with the advantage of being relatively easily moveable so you can take the odd one into the greenhouse for early forced stems. So much more manageable than a big overgrown patch. Perhaps worth considering.
PC is now at the menders but looks like a new one will be required TBH.
Goodnight all and sleep well. Bye fer now.