Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 02:53 PM

Favourite dog walk

What is your favourite type of walk? Does your dog agree?

My favourite walks are hill walks with nothing above me but the sky and the odd bird of prey but I also really enjoy native woodland walks.

I think if I were to ask my dogs opinion they would opt for hill walks. They seem to particularly enjoy the sense of being free and not hemmed in at all. There are also a myriad of scents of passing wild animals to entertain the nose and stimulate the senses.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What is your favourite type of walk? Does your dog agree?

My favourite walks are hill walks with nothing above me but the sky and the odd bird of prey but I also really enjoy natural woodland walks.

I think if I were to ask my dogs opinion they would opt for hill walks. They seem to particularly enjoy the sense of being free and not hemmed in at all. There are also a myriad of scents of passing wild animals to entertain the nose and stimulate the senses.
We have a few places we walk. There are hills where we could go - Dunstable downs is not too far away but my dear wife has a bad back (degenerative disc issue) so hils are not really on the agenda.

Local to us is Houghton Hall Park which is having a renovation project. It's woodland and open spaces and more or less level.

The dog seems pretty much OK wherever we go as long as we go.

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2016, 04:36 PM
I prefer woodland walks, I don't think the dogs care tbh.
Our woods have lots of open spaces, with a lake and ponds and several streams too so we get a lot of variety.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Rosie is just happy to be out, where ever we are. She loves the park, the field, around the lake and from October to March, the beach.

She loves to sniff and loves to run and has plenty of opportunity ever day for both
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
We have a few places we walk. There are hills where we could go - Dunstable downs is not too far away but my dear wife has a bad back (degenerative disc issue) so hils are not really on the agenda.

Local to us is Houghton Hall Park which is having a renovation project. It's woodland and open spaces and more or less level.

The dog seems pretty much OK wherever we go as long as we go.

Beautiful photo.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Beautiful photo.
Thank you kindly. Gets the mood I think.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Thank you kindly. Gets the mood I think.
It does, and it lends itself very well to autumn with all those beautiful multi-coloured leaves on the ground. Lovely.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2016, 08:00 PM
It does, and it lends itself very well to autumn with all those beautiful multi-coloured leaves on the ground. Lovely.
Thank you. Slightly off topic.......
I've had an interest in photography for a good many years but that sort of fell by the wayside when I had a young family to bring up and a fairly high pressure job.

Now that I'm ancient, I took it up again. It's taken me a while to get back into it. I had a Minolta SLR film camera. It served well for many years. Getting film developed became a challenge and every frame had an incremental cost. So, I now have a digital SLR. It's taken me a while to get my head round to realising that I don't really have to be so selective. I have a 29GB memory card - and a spare.

I can take a thousand or more pics and still have spare capacity. Sometimes you get the odd one that is OK and a good many that aren't. But the challenge then becomes how to catalogue them.

Anyway, this a dog forum. Here's a picture of my dog taken with the long lens from about 30 yards a way. Best in full screen to get the resolution. If nothing else, it shows what a poser he is.

Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-10-2016, 08:31 PM
My favourite walks are hill walks with nothing above me but the sky and the odd bird of prey but I also really enjoy native woodland walks.
This

Hills / birds of prey - add some trees and a mad waggy Springer tail.

Loved the beaches this week with Willow though.

Hard to know what to choose - a Springer flushing or a Wolfie running.

Psst (shh) I may try both together if you know what I mean lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 09:07 AM
As long as we are there Pepsi doesn't care where she is
We are lucky we have the choice of beach, countryside or woods virtually on our doorstep.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >