Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
in the Mail:

Olympic flame carriers cash in by listing their torches on eBay for up to £150,000

Claire, can you and I go somewhere where there is no television, radio, or newspapers from 27th. July to 12th. August

The media hype is already starting to get on my nerves, these stupid people have decided that everyone WILL be interested, WILL watch every last minute, and WILL get excited about athletes from rich and powerful countries beating those from unheard of places.

We all KNOW who will top the medals list, we all KNOW that is no accident, we all KNOW what legal and illegal activities certain countries will go to in order to look 'good' and the media are aiding and abetting these people, it's no longer a sporting event (hasn't been for a long time) and it makes me mad

Wish I was back on that Pacific Island (Bouganville) where we had no TV, no newspapers, and the only radio was the BBC World Service (and it was a 'proper' radio service in those days!!!) no internet either 'cos it hadn't been invented then
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3