Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:26 AM

Morning. Dogsey DAILY THREAD - Saturday

Well a good morning to you all It's not raining and it's Saturday what could be better

Hoping you are all well today and those of your suffering with colds are taking good care of yourselves, because mine went on for 3 weeks and it's still left me coughing (when I laugh!) so look after yourselves and I hope you'll be over it soon.

Back to the van again for me, as of course, I couldn't get on with me "doing" of it yesterday with that builder in and out in his muddy boots, but these are my last guests until Christmas, so when they've gone, I'm stripping most of it away and storing it back at home, to make the decks clear for that new carpet coming on the 19th. I actually had another enquiry last night, so I put them off coz if I keep taking short breakers I'll never get all the things done in it that I want to for next year will I.

Don't know what Dave is up to today, but he enjoyed his morning out with me, and when he'd finished doing all the leaves at the van, I took him on a little trip to B & Q for some lawn seed. Whilst I was driving along, he enjoyed having a look around, making comments such as "I've never seen that before", so I kept reminding him that he wouldn't would he coz he hasn't really been out of the house since we moved here in May Oh we did have a laugh, and whilst in B & Q we got some pretty red berry lights for outside at Christmas, which will look nice on the terrace potted trees, with the sparkling, icicle lights around the balcony. I got him back home straight after coz he said he had been out too long and might be getting a panic attack!!!

After my morning walk, I might have some news on that horse, I'm on a mission today to find out that's for sure, it's playing on my mind now.

The week-end is here at last, so for those of you who toil away all week, make the most of it and enjoy it with the dogs not forgetting those of you who don't work, I hope you have a good one
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Morning!

I'm taking my 6year old niece to Lyme Park today, near Stockport, to a 'Feed the deers' session with the park rangers and can't wait. Told her it's to feed the deers so they have enough strength to pull Father Christmas's sleigh.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Morning Kazer Awwww how sweet is that, please take some pics, her face should be a real picture feeding those deer
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Good Morning... I am just off to bed!!!

What a busy day!! hope you find out about the horse Helena, you know we ALL need to know what is going on with it!!

See you in the morning xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Night night Debs Sleep tight, hope Daisy is better tonight and will be even better by tomorrow See you later then, this has confused me now seeing you so early
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Night night Debs Sleep tight, hope Daisy is better tonight and will be even better by tomorrow See you later then, this has confused me now seeing you so early
My work here is done
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-11-2012, 07:46 AM
'morning Helena, Karen, Debbie, and all the others who follow

I bet that van will look really nice when you've got the new bathroom and carpets done. Looks like you really have a little gold mine there

Karen, I think I know that park, we used to live near to Stockport many years ago and had our car MoT'd there. Pics would be nice.

Well there was a bit of sun as I got up this morning so maybe I can do something outside, but the wind is getting very chilly and the dreaded snow is not far off

Have a good day all of you out there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Morning Helena. Morning all.

Yes its Saturday but its raining here and very dark and miserable. Dillon and I have to venture out in it soon.
He won't mind I will. As i'm getting older I hate getting wet and cold.

Good luck at the van today and I am glad Dave enjoyed his trip out yesterday. The lights sound nice we will need some Christmas pcitures when they are up.

I hope you find out about the horse today Helena and it is good news so you can put your mind at rest.

Still can't make my mind up whether to visit mum today or tomorrow maybe after my walk I will be able to make a decision. Has to be done this weekend though so I can leave her birth/marriage certificates with her for the solicitors visit on Monday to get that contract signed sooner the better now.

Gorden and his colleague were asked if they would like to visit a school today so they said yes and then they were asked would they give a talk so they said yes and then asked for how long thinking 5 minutes and they said 40 minutes. So then they asked to how many teachers and there will be 50 there. He said you can't really say no even though they are tired and they haven't fully recovered from the travelling. The culture doesn't really except the word no whether it be work related or giving you food all the time even sheeps heads.

He does need some time later today or tomorrow as he now needs to do some washing especially underwear.
The officials there are working so hard though to get everything in place the head of accounts is working today when he usually doesn't to make sure their bank accounts are opened for them today. So they feel they must reciprocate.
I know he wants explore as he said he doens't know which way is north yet and Gorden needs to know where North is must be a man thing.
Linda it was hard boiled eggs and rice for breakfast this morning I am trying to get a reply to what yesterdays breakfast was.

All with colds I hope you feel bettr soon stay tucked up in the warm if possible. All with poorly doglets I hope they are better soon too.

Have good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Good morning all.

It's horrible here - piddling it down, dark, grey and cold . For this reason, I'm off out alone this morning (hope I don't get lost ) to do the long promised Christmas present shopping. Hopefully, if the weather forecast is correct, it should have stopped raining by the time I get back and then we will go back to town for our usual walk about with Rosie. Still not heard owt from the plumber, but I'm hoping he comes this morning while I'm out (not holding my breath though).

Courtesy of Rosie, we've been up since half five so I should be exhausted by the end of the afternoon. Getting up at the crack of dawn is her only fault though and, provided it's on the settee, she will let me catch a couple of hours once she's been to the loo. Despite a poor night's sleep, I didn't fancy getting back to sleep this morning.

Thankfully, buying for my mum isn't going to be as hard as I first thought. I rang my sister last night to check that she can still have a little tipple now and then despite the meds she's on so at least I can get her something she likes.

Have a good 'un all
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Morning all

Oooh Lynn, the rice is something I would not have thought of for breakfast - did he enjoy it?

Hope sll goes well with the van H - any news on the horse?

I was hoping for a lie in but no such luck - off I go to make breakfast. I think I'll try to get some Christmas presents sorted out today,

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »