Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I am sure some of the B vitamins can help. Also try using an oil based cleanser instead of a milk one, use a mild toner, a water based moisturiser (you probably do this anyway) and exfoliate at least once a week.

Hope you can get it sorted as it sounds like it is getting you down .
Interesting. Thanks very much, Lorna. I don't even use a toner. Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong! The mosturiser I use is just Boots' own tea trea and witch hazel day one, though I may change.

Thanks again.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Try to get a gentle toner thats not too astringent cause it could strip your skin too much and encourage more oil.

I would cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day to keep your skin feeling clean. Good luck x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Good Luck, I hope you manage to find something that helps your skin. I just use a daily facial scrub to help keep my skin oil free x
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I get plague by spots at the moment as I've just gone back on the pill! I've found cleanse,tone and moisturise twice a day has helped, I use skin truth products which is fab for having combination skin - I'm oily in my t-zone and also use pore strips on my nose for black heads and every friday night I do a mask
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Sorry for contradicting Lionhound(no offence) but if you have oily skin i wouldn't use an oil based cleanser, you don't want to use anything too harsh either as it exacerbates the oil production, use a scrub but again nothing too harsh for the same reason. Try rosewater for toner as its gentle and an oil free moisturiser.

Why don't you treat yourself to a facial ? even if you can only manage it every couple of months it helps and its very relaxing !
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Sorry for contradicting Lionhound(no offence) but if you have oily skin i wouldn't use an oil based cleanser, you don't want to use anything too harsh either as it exacerbates the oil production, use a scrub but again nothing too harsh for the same reason. Try rosewater for toner as its gentle and an oil free moisturiser.

Why don't you treat yourself to a facial ? even if you can only manage it every couple of months it helps and its very relaxing !
No offence taken

The reason for using an oil based cleanser is that oil and water don't mix, the best way to remove the oil is with another oil product as it is gentler.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Been and bought Boots No.7 Pore Refining serum and a moisturiser for oily/combination skin today....wish me luck!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:50 PM
If I was you and I maybe too late to suggest this as your skin may just be adjusting to your change in circumstances.
But I'd try a High Frequency Facial, its very beneficial to open/blocked pores. My skin is perfect after one and even now in my 40's I still suffer problematic skin. Having had many different facials this is the only one which works for me.
BTW Im a beauty therapist
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, I've stuck to the same beauty routine for about the last 23 years and (so I'm told) I have really good skin! I've tried using all the expensive products and so on and always go back to my old faithful routine, which is:

Wash my face with warm water and Cidal Soap.

Rinse with really cold, cold water until my skin is tingling.

Cover my face, neck and chest with Oil of Olay.

Going by people I know though, the antibiotics work a treat, so you'll probably find your skin is good once under control.

ETA - once a month I do a Mudd Mask to clear my pores. Again, the cheapy from Superdrug. Have paid pounds before for other masks and all they've done is make me red and blotchy
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Why don't you give the Liz Earle range a try? I have found it really good for "stressed" skin, especially the cleanse and polish and mild exfoliator.
If you order it from QVC they have a 30 day money back policy which means you can send it back if it doesn't suit you even if you have used a good bit of it
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >