Our sister sites
Our sister sites
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2006, 09:36 PM

I year old Collie bitch

Hello,
We have a year old border collie, who we have had to make the heart breaking descion to re-home as we have just found out that it's her fur that our 3 year old son is allergic to.
Molly is a much loved member of the family.
She gets on well with children and dogs but not too good with cats as she just wants to chase them!.
Molly needs an active home where they can take her out for runs in woods or fields for at least two hours a day. Molly also needs daily grooming as her fur is mid length.
Molly does pull on the lead but for the past few week sshe has been using a harness with a great effect. Her recall is very good (except if she sees a cat or another dog as she wants to say hi). Molly is a quick learner, espiaclly when treats are involved!.

We live in Colchester Essex

If anyone is intrested please get in contact asap at becky_becs@hotmail.co.uk
Thank you
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Im so sorry to hear that you are having to rehome your girl i really wish you all the luck in finding her a new owner
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear you are thinking of rehoming Molly.

However, could it be worth you trying to ease your son's allergies rather than rehome your dog? There is a treatment called Petalcleanse which is supposed to be quite effective. Have a look at this website.

http://www.allergymatters.com/acatal...l_Allergy.html
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi, I have just posted photos of Molly on the pictures forum.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Bec's, Have you considered contacting a rescue organisation who will give you help and support in finding Molly a home?

There's quite a few in your area and I would strongly advise you to do that so that Molly has support for the rest of her life.

If however, this is not an option, then I do wish you and Molly the best of luck for the future.
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi, I have contacted the border collie rescue wiccaweys but still waiting for a reply. I would prefer a rescue to help me re home Molly, although I would prefer her to stay with me until a suitable home is found. That way she only has to get used to one new place.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by becs721
Hi, I have contacted the border collie rescue wiccaweys but still waiting for a reply. I would prefer a rescue to help me re home Molly, although I would prefer her to stay with me until a suitable home is found. That way she only has to get used to one new place.
I understand why you would prefer for Molly to go straight into her home, but quite often it is better for Molly to be assessed fully first so that a good 'match' can be found.

Wiccaways are rather busy at the moment, so try contacting them again.

Or contact:
South East Essex Animal Trust
75 Eastwood Road, Rayleigh, Essex SS6 7JN
Tel: 01702 552951

Border Collie and Sheepdog Rescue
Julie & Gary Nelder, South Willingham, Lincolnshire. Tel: 01507 313285
Sonya Saxby, Stannington, Sheffield. Tel: 01142 333467

Border Collie Trust (GB)
B.C.T. Rescue Centre, Heath Way, Narrow Lane, Colton, Nr Rugeley, Staffs, WS15 3LY.
Tel: 01889 577058. Email: bctgb@bordercollietrustgb.org.uk
www.bordercollietrustgb.org.uk

Valgrays Border Collie Rescue
Val Phillips (Co-ordinator), Warlingham, Surrey. Tel: 01883 624513
Fax: 01883 627706 Email: valgrays@hotmail.co.uk

Who may be able to offer you assistance.
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-08-2006, 11:58 AM
If you e-mailed Wiccaweys they have had a few problems recently so may not have recieved it.

There response to e-mails asking people to help them rehome dogs is to ask them to call so they can talk to you about and see what the situation is so the best thing to do is to give them a call and speak to them or leave a message. When did you contact them initially.

Wiccaweys are very full at the moment and do also have a current waiting list but it is still worth talking to them.

The number is at the bottom of this post.

Alexa
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi, I phoned Wiccaweys yesterday morning and left a message but have had no reply. I undretsnad they are very busy so I will call them again tomorrow if I have had no reply today,
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Hello, we have just got back from a visit with a lovely family. We will be visiting again next week and Molly will be going to stay over for a night to see how she and they get on. Today went really well, Molly took an instant liking to them and they loved Molly too!. It is a lovely home and Molly will be very happy there. I will keep you all updated on how it goes.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >