Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Yes, you bully!!
LOL I actually feel really guilty now!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Yes, you bully!!
Now that's not entirely true, or you wouldn't be typing.....................

Honeysmummy, I never thought you would have been so cruel as to make somebody's head explode.........
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post

Honeysmummy, I never thought you would have been so cruel as to make somebody's head explode.........
Yeh well nor did i!! ...But i've got a taste for it now...whos next??!!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
She may have quoted one quote that was out of context, but if you look back over the pages it wasnt just you who spoke up about it...making it seem like everyone was "ganging up" on her IMO.
Something you yourself dont like!
I am not blaming you for it CC, but it seems like everyone jumped on the bandwagon and went over the top at Mini and the mods over one little thing she said.
Just to clarify my comments on the subject... I wasn't actually referring to Mini's posts directly. We can all see those and make up our own opinions, i dont feel the need to air them as others have covered both sides of the "argument"

My post was merely to suggest another way of moderating the forum as people were saying that there were issues of bullying and mods taking sides. It happens on other forums and is inevitable if mods are getting involved in discussions as well as moderating the forum, they are human and they have opinions!! I just was pointing out that on one forum i use the mods are there purely in that capacity. They do it voluntarily and are not there posting as members (unless they have particular expertise in a subject as they are all chosen because they are "experts" in some areas the forum discusses) but are just moderating the forum.

Im not saying the moderating needs changing, but just suggesting another option that came about after problems that have been highlighted in this thread, on another forum.

I also agree that the mods do a good job, i wouldnt want to moderate this site! And i have and still do, moderate on other forums And i take the approach i mention above, less hassle So i wasn't criticising, jumping on bandwagons or ganging up, just responding to the posts that seemed to have an issue with a mod giving her opinion which did, i will admit, support one side rather than being unbiased. I dont agree with moderators picking apart peoples posts to put as quotes to prove who's right and who's wrong... But if they are posting as members as well then that is their right i suppose...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I just was pointing out that on one forum i use the mods are there purely in that capacity. They do it voluntarily and are not there posting as members (unless they have particular expertise in a subject as they are all chosen because they are "experts" in some areas the forum discusses) but are just moderating the forum.
This doesn't make much sence to me though, as on the majority of forums moderators are (or were) members of the forum, usually for a couple of years, as posting members before they became mods. So to go from a regular posting member to a member that isn't allowed to post because he/she has now become a moderator is...well, odd IMO.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Thread locked pending admin review.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Yes, well that was the best she could do, try to discredit me by something I had said previously. That's why I quoted the whole post. Nothing wrong with what I'd said, taken in context, but Mini will try anything to get a dig in at me. However, she's just shown herself for being very unfair and unjust. Not a good trait for a Mod in my book Perhaps explains why the bullies are getting away with murder on here
I think you'll find Mini's point was that she thinks it's unacceptable to purposely cause offence - even if you think that person deserves it.

Yes we all do it when we are pushed, but Mini was merely stating that she feels it is wrong (not to mention against our rules).

If you have a complaint about a mod in future please use the feedback section. Thanks.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I am aware of what Mini was saying thanks, Azz. I was merely stating that she took a part of my quote and posted it, which was unfair. Never expected you to see my side of it anyway. Just hoped that you might be fair but hey ho......................

Also, if a Mod is allowed to post her opinion (obviously up to you as site owner) then why are we not allowed to post our view to what she has posted? That is very unfair in my opinion.................
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Of course I see your side of it, I just feel on this occasion Mini was correct in what she posted - that it's not on to cause offence, even if you feel that person deserves it.

Of course you can post your view about _what_ a mod has posted with regards to the discussion itself, but you can't complain about a mod's conduct on the open forums, you need to do that in the feedback section. Those are our rules.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Of course I see your side of it, I just feel on this occasion Mini was correct in what she posted - that it's not on to cause offence, even if you feel that person deserves it.

Of course you can post your view about _what_ a mod has posted with regards to the discussion itself, but you can't complain about a mod's conduct on the open forums, you need to do that in the feedback section. Those are our rules.
Thanks for that (in bold), Azz I still think that posting part of a quote is unfair but, hey, you're the boss

With regard to complaints being made in the feedback section, I am having real problems with getting to the main forum (can't even get to the breeding section which is my main interest). I think it's to do with AOL. I can only get to threads that I have previously posted on and the Control Panel. It's really weird As soon as I can get on the feedback section, I will be in touch
Page 22 of 32 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »