Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2005, 02:47 PM

Ringworm - what to use to treat it?

right for those of you who dont know we recentlly got a kitten, a first cross and we presumed as she wasnt just a moggy she would have been brought up a tad better, WONG! she has had a whole host of problems including ringworm, so she is being treated along with Polly and Florrie and our other cat for prevention, but today i noticed Florrie has a bald patch above her eye does this mean she has it?
they have gotten the medication as a cure, does she need anything else?
anything we can use to cure her itchyness?
I feel immensley guilty as Florrie and the kitten are so close and now Florrie has come off worst for ware, and what makes it worse is i have it on my hands so i cnt even touch any of the pets at risk of cross contamination, according to our vet.
So....any infortmation for me?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Best thing I can recommend "OVER THE COUNTER" is a fungal cream used to treat Athlete's Foot. Ringworm is fungal and my OH has it at the mo. Local chemist recommended this, and it have gone down somewhat since he started using it 2 days ago. Good luck
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2005, 02:58 PM
thanks Vicki, anyone know if the hair will grow back on Florrie's bald patch? i mean once its cleared up
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Yes the hair will grow back, sometimes it may differ in colour..........make sure you are being careful with your own hygine as ringworm is very contiguous and can be passed on to you......... if you go to a horse saddlery you can buy a wash for ringworm , I think it is called "Virkron" if I remember rightly........ it is an anti-fungal wash,which you can soak all your grooming stuff/collars /bedding.