LOL...no beard i agree....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
LOL...no beard i agree....
oh I really fancied a beard

Never mind I will eat lots of 'funny' mushrooms collected from the woods near my Yurt than I can and pretend I have one

(*whispers don't anyone tell Roxy about my Yurt ..or she will want one too *)
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-08-2005, 04:35 PM
While live and let live is an admirable code to live by, we all would hope to live in a fair and just society, if one section must live by the rules then surely all parties must do so.

If I were to take up residence in your front garden, avail my self of your lovely lawn and beautiful flowers, bid you farewell after a day or two doing you no harm but leaving a trashed lawn and a bill for clearing away the rubbish, would that be covered by your generosity or would live and let live seem to pale away to a dream in light of an eviromental companies bill for re-instating your property to its former glory, this scenario is all to familiar to farmers and land owners around the country, travellers make no distinction between private or council owned land, ultimately we, tied down by mortgages or property pay the final bill.

Unfortunately there is always a cost to be borne, those of us fortunate to be able to pay that cost are on the fence, those struggling to pay councill tax as they rise steadly upward could do with a break from £40,000 bills being added to next years council charge.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 05:10 PM
I don't think its fair to blame the travellers on high council taxes - we have extremely high council tax where I am and it rises above the rate of inflation every year - and we have not had travellers settling here in a very long time - our rises are due to a greedy council not travellers!
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-08-2005, 05:17 PM
If the home owner did not pay(at a lot less than a skip) these people to take away their rubbish then they would have nothing to dump.

Its the home owners that uses these people that are at fault as well.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 05:39 PM
I cant stand them, filthy dirty people who are responsible for a LOT of dog stealing and often mistreat their own. They want everything for nothing.
Dawn.
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-08-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't think I did blame the travellers for high taxes, although there actions are in part responsible for rises, logically the money has to come from somewhere, and as we the people settled in a particular area the cash cow, it falls to us to stump up the readies.

If you read what I wrote I said people paying the taxes could do with a break from more being added from extra costs, some of those added costs come from travellers, other added costs come from other sources.

Greedy councils isn't strictly correct, inefficient and unable to balance budgets along with some interference from central government may be more accurate.

Wandering off subject there slightly, the fact remains costs are borne by some one other then travellers, there are words clearly defined in the dictionary to define this behaviour.

Clearly Live and let live is not an option in a fair and decent society, all must shoulder the cash responsibility.
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
I cant stand them, filthy dirty people who are responsible for a LOT of dog stealing and often mistreat their own. They want everything for nothing.
Dawn.
I agree wholeheartledly Dawn, but for those who believe tolerance and live and let live attitude is the best course, I tried to be diplomatic.

If only travellers would show those whose lives thery blight the same tolernce and respect, we wouldn't be having this debate
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2005, 05:49 PM
its not fair to stereotype everybody the same, like has been said before there are good and bad in all communities
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »