Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 09:58 PM

Guns knives and children

Anyone just watched Panorama on BBC1 so many youngsters who have guns knives etc. Good God whats the world coming too.

Karen
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 10:03 PM
no i didnt watch it was ment to but was tied up,it makes you wonder what kind of a world we are living in when kids run the streets with knifes and guns,its only been this last month that i have allowed my son to have a toy gun they frighten me but he kept on for one for a while and i made him promise me never to point a gun in anyones face even if its play
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

31-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I never saw the programme but that is so scary how do they mange to get hold of them?

It would never have crossed my mind as a kid to want to carry something like that
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Me either, after the shooting of children in scotland i wouldn't let my boys have a gun, i mean how can you say a play gun, a gun is something that kills someone to replicate that into something a child plays with is beyond me, the world has gone mad and it is really scary to think what our kids will grow up to live with. If you go on a bus around here when the schools are turning out all you can smell is drugs been smoked upstairs, and if you say anything then god help you, torrents of abuse yelled at you, i hate the way the youth of today are, but who is to balme?
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

31-07-2005, 10:16 PM
thats what I wonder who is to blame?

tv
parents
society in general

I don't know but its really scary how it seems to be spiralling out of control
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 11:31 AM
all 3 i think emm ..........
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
I will be honest with you all, I am pleased I haven't got kids and probably never will have. And also I am getting older and getting out of this nasty evil world instead of just coming into it.

Ian
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
I will be honest with you all, I am pleased I haven't got kids and probably never will have. And also I am getting older and getting out of this nasty evil world instead of just coming into it.

Ian

I know what you mean.
I would love to move somewhere else to give the kids a better start, but where is there? If i had the money i would a house in the middle of no where, fill it with animals and have sainsbury's deliver once a week.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
when i was a kid we all played with toy guns n stuff .. and we didnt turn out as bad as teens today .. the gov has cut their own throat with all the stuipd laws in place ..my dad used toi tan my ass if i got outa control .. theses days kids call the social services and the police for being grounded! kids have to much freedom .. im all for the nspcc and protecting children from serious abuse . but did having a good smack do us any harm , compared to the kids today
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2005, 05:41 PM
When i was young,my dad taught me to shoot properly-starting off with air rifles,.22 rimfires then eventually 12 bore shotguns so i've never had an obsession with firearms or any weapons.Childhood friends were envious,but to me-it was normal so was never an issue.

I know that in some countries,children are encouraged to take up shooting with registered clubs and apparently they have seen a significant drop in firearm crimes because it has taken away the fascination some kids have with rifles/pistols.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >