View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Toby]remember you have your new pup as a tribute to Saxons memory, /QUOTE]

Oh what a lovely way to put it.

My new boy isn't taking over his memory I've grown to love him beyond reason because Saxon taught me how to really love a dog

OK blubbing again Harvey's Mum thanks for offering to share my blubbs, believe me I have plenty

Thank you Vicki, he was not only special, he was the best
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Sorry you are feeling so sad,I think that having a cry when you want to is a good thing.Also, being able to come on here and post your thoughts will do you good too. There will always be someone here for you to get things off your chest.Best wishes.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2006, 09:37 PM
its not silly to feel the way you do, don't bottle up your feelings he was a special boy to you and he always will be.
i feel the same when it the day i lost my oldies with the date comes the memory of saying goodbye which hurts regardless of the time that has passed.
other dogs never fill the void of a lost 1 they are all unique in their own ways.
i have grown up with animals my parents taught me the bond you have and i have passed this on to my kids.
i hope you remember the good times you had together on saturday but if you need to cry don't feel silly for doing it.
he played a big part in your life and always will do.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2006, 08:36 AM
'tis hard MM, especially when death anniversaries come around Every day I can still see my old girl in the spot where the vet kindly gave her her wings and I still sometimes think I smell the green dream solution. That was 6 years ago and although the sadness of her loss will remain forever the happy memories do shine through. The silly young pup, the challenging adolescent, the sensible middle-aged matron, the wise old lady, all such precious and comforting memories

Your Saxon was a great age and, had he not been such a wonderful companion, such a loyal and true friend, then you would never had brought another dog into your life. Your 'new' dog is a tribute to all of Saxon's great qualities - he has left you a legacy beyond price
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Thank you all again,

I really hadn't thought of getting my new boy as being a tribute to how wonderful his predecessor was. In fact I've felt rather guilty and although I haven't let myself enjoy my new boy any the less I have on occasions felt "unfaithful" it really helps to think of my new boy as being Saxon's last legacy!

Although quite frankly Saxon would have a stern word with this young wipersnapper!!! fancy eating mummy's flip flops!!!! as of course Saxon never EVER did anything wrong in his whole life!!!!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by mustards mum
Thank you all again,

I really hadn't thought of getting my new boy as being a tribute to how wonderful his predecessor was. In fact I've felt rather guilty and although I haven't let myself enjoy my new boy any the less I have on occasions felt "unfaithful" it really helps to think of my new boy as being Saxon's last legacy!

Although quite frankly Saxon would have a stern word with this young wipersnapper!!! fancy eating mummy's flip flops!!!! as of course Saxon never EVER did anything wrong in his whole life!!!!
that is a lovely post, i hope your special day on Saturday goes well, and I'm sure Saxon will be smiling down at the young Wippersnapper
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 07:49 AM
im so sorry for your loss run free saxon x x x
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Hello all,

Today has been both sad and very happy; I woke up and the knowledge that Saxon is gone, again that surprised me and I went down to cuddle my new boy and let the chickens out etc

I then came back up to OH and gave him a big cuddle and wished him a "happy deathday for Saxon" he was very sweet and said "he didn't die darling I can see hiim with you all the time" just what I needed to hear

I only had one big wobble when I was at a set of traffic lights and for some reason I started sobbing thinking about him and again it's a bit more of a panicy feeling that I can't hold him one last time.

On the very happy side I heard last night that my new baby girl (dobe) will hopefully be with us in a few months!!!!! the mating went well but the scan isn't until next week! I can only hope

But Saxon will never be forgotten and hubby is right now opening a bottle of bubbly to toast the life of the most wonderful dog whose life we were lucky to share.

Oh Hubby and I shared the glass over Saxon's ashes and Zeus was an enthusiastic helper when it came to the bubbles, he had a couple of licks from my glass and I felt that fitting. Especially as Saxon always loved his taste of bubbles too...........

Gone but never ever forgotten.

Saxon, you know I still love you as much as I did when you were alive and although I only have our memories I love you still just as much

Thank you for all your support
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi, iv'e just noticed your last post, it was lovely and brought a bitof a tear to my eye. We went to my friends on Saturday (she recently had her dear old dog of 16 years pts), we went on a walk where we used to go and pinned a couple of pictures on a tree to say goodbye. I thought of you on our walk and wondered how your day went

Im glad to read that you were mainly OK and that you toasted Saxons life with the help of your new boy Zeus.

Good luck for the news of your next puplet .
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2006, 07:45 PM

sorry to hear that but you will never forget and it always seems like it was yesterday not much of a help am i but i know how you feel
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2