Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2018, 09:37 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 30th march 2018

Morning all
Oh no, Chris...i do hope it goes as quick as it came...and old boy once told m to warm up smooth jam in a pan, allow it to cool a little and then gargle and swallow it...really does help and it coats your throat
Just rung the vet to order the cats medicine...they are closed today for good friday...i completely forgot, hopefully get down tomorrow
Waiting for a delivery from amazon today...what's the betting he comes when i am right by the window in my bedroom and will have to crawl/slide over the bed
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Walked the dogs...so glad we have been as it's chucking it down!! Just need to pop out with dinner for Steve and that's it. Just given him a shock,the place he eats at lunch sometimes has just been rated for food hygiene 1star lol.....where do you think he had lunch today!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Afternoon griff and all to follow.
Wet here today.

griff well done the bedroom, looks lovely. Sorry about Steve not getting the days off he wanted over Easter.
Sounds like mum and dad are enjoying their time away.
Chris hope the throat feels better soon.
LG hope the lambing is going well.
Harvey sorry Casey is resting now on walks. Dillon is also but his is due to his elbows. He is limping badly at the moment. Couldn't get into vet till Friday 6th. He seems more improved today might be the supplements we are giving him would prefer to keep natural as long as possible.

Not been on for a few days did the ordering of flowers for Gill's funeral on Thursday at beginning of the week that set me back then we found some photos of her on the boat so Gorden put them on a memory stick and we went out to get them printed and buy frames. Whoever in the family would like one there will be one available. I have two one of her on the back of her boat and one the two of us hauling the boats into a lock that set me back again.
Later today it is supposed to be a surprise Michael and Maca are visiting, they are hiring a car and coming for the night to see me for a late birthday celebration and to cheer me up. Goodness knows how my supposedly surprised face will look when they arrive.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Lol Lynn, get yourself to a mirror and practice your surprised face!!
Memories are some of the most fantastic things but also the most upsetting when things are fresh and raw, one day the tears will be replaced with a smile xx
I do hope Dillon's limp continues to improve, love having dogs but they are such a worry
The builders are back again next door... been banging for 3days solid now, I am proper fed up with it.
Bought my new quilt set and sheet, need to save up for a lamp, lampshade and picture frames
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope the builders are not planning to work over the weekend Griff and then you can have some peace. Pleased mum an dad are enjoying their holiday.

Hope you manage a surprised face Lynn. enjoy your time with your family. Hope Dillon continues to improve.

Had a lovely walk this morning but now it is tipping down and has been for a few hours. Hope this is not in for the weekend.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Afternoon all. Piddling down here now but we got a few early walks in. Quiet and very relaxing. We go out the front gate and I might say right or left.........that will often be the extent of our conversation. That bond just is.

Wall papering I have done. Not my favourite DIY job. Electrics of course, painting, carpentry, flooring..........
Giff, I'm in awe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2018, 03:32 PM
I hope so too Sue...my head is killing me!!
I am pretty good at most things to be honest, I am a mechanic by trade and was brilliant at woodwork at school...I just get so tired now that I really can't manage, I did however have to do my room as it was long overdue and if I decide to shoot off, at least it is in a half decent state lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2018, 04:54 PM
I hope you don't griff. Happy Easter everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Lol...i am getting itchy feet Brenda, here was only supposed to be a stop gap and i just kind of stopped!
A very Happy Easter to you too Brenda
Just walked up the chinese, got soaked but it is still the same family who have it so at least it tastes good....felt like i deserved a treat
Good job i am managing o.k, my bro just messaged me, am i o.k...i am in a place with limited signal this weekend so will be out of contact until i get wifi, errr cheers and thanks for the notice!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Greetings to Griff, Lynn, Sue, Besoeker, Brenda

Has been dull and wet here, managed to get the dogs out before the real heavy rain. Only met two regulars plus one couple with a Labrador, when they saw us approaching they immediately turned around and went in the opposite direction. I couldn't get close enough to tell them all was OK and they need not worry but some people just don't understand, both Casey & Lara are big but very gentle and old now.

Lynn, yes old photos and such will bring a tear but like Griff said in years to come you will treusure those photos and smile.

Brenda, happy easter to you and all on here.

Sue, yes I too am hoping for better weather tomorrow so we can get out in the garden.

Besoeker, I expect Max knows from your body language which direction you are going to go

Griff you are lucky to be able to just walk to pick up a Chinese meal, with us it would be a 10 mile drive

Going to grab an early night, see you all tomorrow
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >