Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Ours was picked up as a stray. No history prior to us getting him from the rescue centre.

We don't know if he was house trained but from day one he went outside do do his business.
I've had several rehomes, one I was their 5th home at just 8 months old, after she was picked up by Battersea dogs home, she was still chipped to her original owner who took her back and nursed her back to health after she was shot with an air gun pellet which required surgery. They tracked down the people they'd homed her to and so on, it wasn't a good start in life. One of my recent two I'm her fourth owner at two years old and she wasn't toilet trained. I just don't understand why people can't put the effort in.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2017, 09:26 PM
What's done is done.

Don't get another husky - they really are not good for first time owners.

If you still want a dog, perhaps a cavalier, bichon frise or another 'easier' breed dog. Perhaps nothing like you had in mind, but far easier for a novice and yet will still give you the incentive to get out there and exercise.
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

25-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Thanks Guys

we are still looking and therefore we will consider all the other types that has been mentioned

Thank you
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Please do not get a border collie. They are a highly intelligent breed that need as much mental stimulation and training as exercise.

Read this article prior to even considering a border collie as a pet.

http://agilitynet.co.uk/training/bor...ewindeatt.html
I grew up on a farm in Scotland with around 3,000 sheep. And several collies.

Our current dog is a collie. I got him because I knew I would have to take out for exercise and mental stimulation.
He gets both. In abundance.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I've had several rehomes, one I was their 5th home at just 8 months old, after she was picked up by Battersea dogs home, she was still chipped to her original owner who took her back and nursed her back to health after she was shot with an air gun pellet which required surgery. They tracked down the people they'd homed her to and so on, it wasn't a good start in life. One of my recent two I'm her fourth owner at two years old and she wasn't toilet trained. I just don't understand why people can't put the effort in.
I think because they don't know the comittment going in.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5