Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-09-2005, 11:28 AM

Grrrr Potential Puppy owners!!

I am so annoyed at some people who think it is OK just to buy a puppy on a whim!!!

I have had two such enquires over the past few days & I have told them sorry but no they aren't having one of my pups!

1st one has a corgi & a rough collie (both boys & entire as far as I could make out) who don't get on & have to be seperated. Fine OK then add to this an 8 week old irish wolf hound (also a dog) Her son then decides that he wants a dalmatian so they thought they would get one of those as well at the same time as the IWH & my pups are all boys as well!!

2nd one wants a dal for his daughters birthday next week!!! Wants to see them & then pick it up next Thursday!! Never had a dog before & when I told him I only had liver he then asked me if I had any black? No just liver boys, Oh do you know of anyone else who has any NO I don't!! I have nothing against getting a dog as a present providing that it is well thought out and not as this appears to be on a whim!! Surely if it was thought of before they would have looked sooner & not left it until the last minute before looking? :smt018

Ohhhh it does make me cross (Sorry for rant just had to let off some steam!!) :smt084
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I`m lost for words????????
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 12:33 PM
oh Karyn, sorry to hear you've had trouble!

I hope you find people who have thought it through properly soon - all your pups are so gorgeous they deserve good homes!

Don't worry - everyone needs a rant every now and again and dogweb is a great place for it!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2005, 12:56 PM
some people aint got a clue it will never change no matter how much effort people put into it.
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Yep I know Leo. It does make me sooo cross though!! Although don't normally let it get me mad! (Obviously have too many hormones again Bump has a lot to answer for! LOL)

Lottie hun I know they are soo beautiful even if I am biased ! And unfortunately this sort of thing goes with the puppy selling territory! But they can go hang if they think they are having one of our pups!

Jackbox if I hadn't been there I would have been lost for words too!! Which doesn't happen often!! LOL

Feel better for the rant though guys!

Kady
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Good for you for having a rant - I hope it makes you feel better

I hope the message got through to them WHY you wouldn't home a pup with them - otherwise I expect they will both be lining puppy farmers pockets
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 07:27 PM
that's awful mustard's mum
Poor little sod, I sincerely hope something drastic happens and he ends up with a fantastic family who can give him time, love and affection.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Unfortunately these type of people will find a breeder not as conscientious as you! It does make me mad! The dogs suffer by being put into the wrong type of home etc....