Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:26 PM

Please tell me its just the heat!

Just came back for our evening walk and Lacey was in great form, although I have to say I notice her slowing up a bit, she is almost 10 She has been in kennels for a week,came home Thursday and I can't help thinking she just doesn't seem herself in the house.Mostly lying in the hall,not much tail wagging or playing. She doesn't like the heat, I know that and a week away may have been too long for her but she actually seems a bit down to me.Really hope it's just the heat and nothing else
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:33 PM
that's a bit of a worry for you. Is she eating and drinking normally?

Maybe the week away and the hot weather coincided? Apart from a short walk this evening all Tonks has done is lie in the hallway today...and at one point she was really panting just lying there.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Aww, poor Lacey
Team R seem *slightly* less manic in the heat - I guess it's getting to a lot of dogs.

Hope she's ok x
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Feel sorry for Tonks but it is reassuring,that's what she's doing too. Normally when we have been separated for a while she follows me around everywhere when she gets home, not this though.Its like she just wants to be left alone Drinking loads,not eating as much but nothing to be concerned about,defo getting enough.Seriously think I need to tone down the exercise a bit,maybe taking to much out of her.OMG,dogs really worry you sometimes don't they??
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Aww, poor Lacey
Team R seem *slightly* less manic in the heat - I guess it's getting to a lot of dogs.

Hope she's ok x
Thanks Bluejay, guess we know our own dogs ways and I'm thinking something's just not right. Will take her to see " devil man" tomorrow if she hasn't picked up, she'll love me for that
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Feel sorry for Tonks but it is reassuring,that's what she's doing too. Normally when we have been separated for a while she follows me around everywhere when she gets home, not this though.Its like she just wants to be left alone Drinking loads,not eating as much but nothing to be concerned about,defo getting enough.Seriously think I need to tone down the exercise a bit,maybe taking to much out of her.OMG,dogs really worry you sometimes don't they??
They are a worry. I'm considering not taking Tonks out tomorrow. Although she ran around today it was more because Remus was making her, so I intervened. She hasn't wanted any attention either. The only thing you can do is keep an eye on her I suppose.

How much exercise is she getting?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
They are a worry. I'm considering not taking Tonks out tomorrow. Although she ran around today it was more because Remus was making her, so I intervened. She hasn't wanted any attention either. The only thing you can do is keep an eye on her I suppose.

How much exercise is she getting?
Has a walk in the morning about 30 mins, leisurely stroll. Evening one is longer time out but mostly off lead in fields,runs about like a lunatic, be out for an hour or so, too much do you think?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Has a walk in the morning about 30 mins, leisurely stroll. Evening one is longer time out but mostly off lead in fields,runs about like a lunatic, be out for an hour or so, too much do you think?
It's so hard to say because only you know what she's like on the walks. If she's happily running around and not looking like she's overheating then I would say no. You just have to gauge it by her really I think. I think there's going to be another week of really hotness and then some cooler weather so they will all be happier then. Give her a cool cuddle from us! Xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh and I was going to say, if she's just happily running round of her own accord rather than chasing a ball then that would be fine. I don't throw balls in this weather.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
It's so hard to say because only you know what she's like on the walks. If she's happily running around and not looking like she's overheating then I would say no. You just have to gauge it by her really I think. I think there's going to be another week of really hotness and then some cooler weather so they will all be happier then. Give her a cool cuddle from us! Xx
Will do.Talk about pampered!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >