View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Can I just confirm that AP is banned from posting on Dogsey, but not from reading posts?
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2011, 08:04 AM
I thought it was just a 3 day ban for the moment mish.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Please dontsay hes comin back? isnt he gone forever?
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Can I just confirm that AP is banned from posting on Dogsey, but not from reading posts?
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
I thought it was just a 3 day ban for the moment mish.
Oh really does that mean hes back today? Bummer.

In that case i will answer the beloow point

Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Misflyn, if thats the case then why have you stated in the past that bsd's (which you own) have a poor recall. Presumably you have owned them for more than four hours?

Also I note you seem to be sticking with the line a lot. Take it off and then see what happens.

Adam
If you bothered to read the posts probaley.
*Bsds are known to have "naughty" recalls, NOT untrainable , just naughty BSD humour. You might not be aware of Humour as electricity will no doubt get rid of humour asap

*They belong to my O/H, I am not allowed to train
my O/Hs dogs & nor do i want to. They are his dogs not mine, & you know what its like with couples,you cant tell the other what to do.

* Yes i like a line If the line is on i DONT consider it trained & proofed.

I can have a Good recall , off line with distractions with 4 hours training (1 hour lesson with me x 4) , owner proofing between lessons required, , practise required (not with me but with owner) after to keep it tip top But its taught with the 4 hours , certainley. Good training is on going & fun, having to put abit of practise in & train/relate to the dog i see as a good thing for the owner to do!
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Jo has an exellent recall for a 5 month old pup lol. she sometimes get into those 'i dont hear you' modes, but we are working through them & thanks to consistancy, they are becoming fewer & fewer far btw.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Oh really does that mean hes back today? Bummer.

In that case i will answer the beloow point

If you bothered to read the posts probaley.
*Bsds are known to have "naughty" recalls, NOT untrainable , just naughty BSD humour. You might not be aware of Humour as electricity will no doubt get rid of humour asap

*They belong to my O/H, I am not allowed to train
my O/Hs dogs & nor do i want to. They are his dogs not mine, & you know what its like with couples,you cant tell the other what to do.

* Yes i like a line If the line is on i DONT consider it trained & proofed.

I can have a Good recall , off line with distractions with 4 hours training (1 hour lesson with me x 4) , owner proofing between lessons required, , practise required (not with me but with owner) after to keep it tip top But its taught with the 4 hours , certainley. Good training is on going & fun, having to put abit of practise in & train/relate to the dog i see as a good thing for the owner to do!
So more than 4 hours in total then, plus spread out over weeks/days for latent learning ect.

How many hours would you say in all? on average.

Adam
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 05:46 PM
UGH. I thought he was banned for good. This sucks!

And to add: Training doesn't take that long in hours. When I train behaviors I work every day with her for a few minutes a couple times a day. Quick, fun training sessions.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-02-2011, 05:51 PM
I agree.

Adam, I challenged you a while back on some thread to either back this up (and no, Skinner did not say this ) or shut up about it - i.e. stop spreading lies.

IF you can back it up, fine, but you know perfectly well that you cannot.

So either back it up with something very clear, or quit it

WW from another thread.

Bart Bellon discusses it in these two videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NLlqiccc_Y&NR=1
150 sec in he talks about varying rewards and stress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDkfP...A14ADD593BC58F

bit at the start about frustration with reward.

The frustration is aversive the dog seeks to stop the frustration, its mild but so is stim

Adam
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
So more than 4 hours in total then, plus spread out over weeks/days for latent learning ect.

How many hours would you say in all? on average.

Adam
to teach less tbh , but what do you care. I see training as ON GOING, you will never understand that, because you are sadistic & like to hurt & abuse dogs, wheras i like to enjoy them,

Im so disspointed that you arent banned for life
TBH dissapointed in YOU dogsey
Its been a lovely few days without you.i might actually leavethis forum if you are back. ort at least use it ALOT less.

Im going to look around elsewhere i think & see if i can find anywhere beter
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 05:57 PM
to teach less tbh , but what do you care. I see training as ON GOING, you will never understand that, because you are sadistic & like to hurt & abuse dogs, wheras i like to enjoy them,

Im so disspointed that you arent banned for life
TBH dissapointed in YOU dogsey
Its been a lovely few days without you.i might actually leavethis forum if you are back. ort at least use it ALOT less.

Im going to look around elsewhere i think & see if i can find anywhere beter
Sadly probably not. The other places I've been on are often much worse.

I have to admit to being disappointed too. The past few days without this crap popping up has been great. And he's ALREADY posting more videos.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree training is ongoing but when we are talking bad situations life or death behaviours ect I think quicker is better.

Also there's a difference between maintenance and ongoing training. I could maintain recall on normal walks ect just by calling and rewarding with a release command (premack) but many reward based trainers seem to advise long term regular training (in addition to normal recall) and often periods back on lines ect.

Also I assume we are talking normal dogs? What about those with a history of predatory aggression or chasing?

Adam
Page 28 of 38 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Last »