Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-04-2004, 02:21 PM

What Shampoo do you use on your dogs?

I used to use Johnsons puppy and kitten shampoo, although it was great for the cat I think the dog needed something a bit stronger!

I went out and bought Johnsons Deoderising Dog Shampoo (green bottle) and you kno what... It's actually pretty good! It doesn't smell girlie or anything, just nice n fresh!

But still interested in what you guys use!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi Azz and other members, I don't hold with the view that people shampoo is not suitable for dogs. I have 4 American Cockers, that are bathed twice a week each, and I use supermarket own brand shampoo for dry hair.
My crowd are in tip top showring condition so it cannot be bad. Of course I also use a cream rinse conditioner that I do not rinse out completely. That helps with the knots.

I also have 2 other yankees clipped off and an Irish Setter too.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
pineridgeapbt
Dogsey Junior

12-04-2004, 05:09 PM
We use a shampoo here called Mane and Tail. It was originally made for horses, but has been found to be great for dogs and many people are using for themselves. It rinses easily and they also make a cream rinse. It's good stuff and, yes, I've used it myself. Still do.
Sarah
Dogsey Junior

12-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi Azz

I don't really bath my dogs unless they have rolled in something! Dunno why I don't, they don't smell and I groom them daily. I run johnsons baby wipes over thier coats about twice a week just to take off any dust bits. I used to do this with my horses and their coats were s o o o o o shiny.

I think though that anything used on babies is good for dogs. I remember when Lennie pulled a nail and I gave him a junior paracetamol for a couple of days. Seemed to do the trick.

Sarah
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2004, 05:02 AM
I use Adams Flea and Tick shampoo and follow it with Adams Flea and Tick spray. I live near the beach so sand fleas can become a problem.

I have used Pantene ProV shampoo followed by Pantene ProV conditioner when my dogs coats feel dry. It makes them really shiny and soft
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Well Sonny doesn't do baths - I have tried unsuccessfully on two occations to bath him - any tips?

He doesn't smell I just wanted to bath him cause I know I will have to eventually and I don't want him to be scared but guess what he was - the funny thing is when I am having a bath or a shower he always wants in but there is no way thats happening I share everything else I draw a line at baths

Love sam and sonny xxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2004, 12:52 PM
I use a shampoo for red dogs, cant remember its name.

Sam
It used to take 3 people to get Star into the bath, she still hides under the bed but once we get her in she just stands and accepts that it has to happen. I stand at her head and give her biscuits and partner will shampoo and rinse her.

Carole
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2004, 01:12 PM
I think my bath is just aukward there isn't much space and he kept jumping out and after all the bother we had with his leg I was worried in case he damaged himself.

But I was on my own so I think it will be better if me and OH try - but you have reasured me thanks

Love sam and sonny xx
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Johnsons baby shampoo...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >