Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Unexpected treat

We took Charlie out for a drive today and just happened to see signs for a doggy fun day, we eventually found it up a little country lane in a vets centre.
I'd never seen such a variety of dogs at a fun day, it was great, we met a couple of munsterlanders which were gorgeous, the only downside was we hadn't found a bank and only had about £5 between us
The woman on the Burns nutrition stand was lovely and I got treats half the price compared to the pet shop, so the money didn't last long
We had a lovely afternoon, I'd like to go to more of these events but where are they advertised?
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Did you see a black and a white poodle?

We took about £15 but the classes were £2 an entry and I really thought that was a bit much! Normaly only £1. Plus it was also £1 to get in. I know it's going to charity but there wasn't that many classes.

Atleast Blu had a few goes at agility

There is Paws in the Park in September. Look on Glasgow dog training schools website for details.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Blu, Yes, I did see poodles, I pointed them out to my OH.
After we paid to get in, we had hardly any money left, had to decide whether to buy coffee or dog treats, the dog treats won
I've only been to a couple of fun shows, they were £1 an entry which I thought was fair enough, I was a bit surprised about the £2 entry too.
I did enjoy seeing so many different breeds though, Charlie was enjoying it until we were just leaving when a little cocker spaniel tried to have a go at him!
Thanks for info, I'll have a look at it
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
Hi Blu, Yes, I did see poodles, I pointed them out to my OH.
After we paid to get in, we had hardly any money left, had to decide whether to buy coffee or dog treats, the dog treats won
I've only been to a couple of fun shows, they were £1 an entry which I thought was fair enough, I was a bit surprised about the £2 entry too.
I did enjoy seeing so many different breeds though, Charlie was enjoying it until we were just leaving when a little cocker spaniel tried to have a go at him!
Thanks for info, I'll have a look at it
That was Cheeko and Blu then

The food was a bit expensive too so we didn't buy any! Used to dog shows anyway so always take our own stuff Just wasn't expecting to park the car in knee high grass!

Might have been the same cocker that was funny with Blu. He walked by to have a sniff and it raised the side of it's mouth at him.

I think you have just missed the main fun show time for here. After around August they seem to finish Larkhall and Dist had a companion show last August/September. My friend is the secutary for the club so I'll ask if it's happening again this year!