Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angiemac
New Member!
Female 

19-10-2009, 08:22 PM

he hates 4x4 vehicles

Hi,

I have a dog who hates certain types of 4x4 vehicles. I think it all stems from a particular 4x4 truck that parks up the lane that has numerous boarder collies in the back that go besurk and fight with each other when we walk past. When this happens my dog wants to retaliate, so now when the truck drives past he tries to lung at it, which is quite dangerous as my dog is pretty large, even though I have a halti on him he can still pull when he wants to. This obsession has now turned into any 4x4 that sounds similar. When I see the truck coming I shorted the lead to stop him jumping into the road. This probably isnt the best thing to do but I wouldn't like him to get run over. Also this particular truck sometimes tows a cattle trailer which rattles and now any trailer that goes past he obsesses with. He just fixates on them until they are out of site. It's just all snowballing out of control as it's hard to avoid these type of vehicles as I live in a tiny farming village.
Do you have any suggestions of how to go about solving this.