Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Boy or girl?

After much discussion along with other things, it has been agreed once we move, we can look into having a puppy!!! Yay. I want a little go at showing, so will be getting a KC reg pedigree... It may be a long way off yet, as we have yet to sell the house, but once we have moved and settled, we will be looking!!
Now comes my dilemma, do I get a boy or girl, I have 2 of each at the moment. If I get another English Setter, I will no doubt get another boy as they are so easy, whatever sex....
But part of me would like to get either another Pointer, or a Gordon Setter or even a Chinese Crested!! So which sex would you think, or does it really matter?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Iv got 2 boys and 1 girl and I find the boys to have more personality, but I would never change my girly
I think as long as the dogs you have now are happy with either sex then its really a personal desision
So exciting
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Iv got 2 boys and 1 girl and I find the boys to have more personality, but I would never change my girly
I think as long as the dogs you have now are happy with either sex then its really a personal desision
So exciting
Lol, I am chomping at the bit to move now... I do prefer boys, though I have loved my girls too, my boys are such mummys boys!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
I want a girl next,but would i pay more for one if that old chestnut came up..mmmm
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
After much discussion along with other things, it has been agreed once we move, we can look into having a puppy!!! Yay. I want a little go at showing, so will be getting a KC reg pedigree... It may be a long way off yet, as we have yet to sell the house, but once we have moved and settled, we will be looking!!
Now comes my dilemma, do I get a boy or girl, I have 2 of each at the moment. If I get another English Setter, I will no doubt get another boy as they are so easy, whatever sex....
But part of me would like to get either another Pointer, or a Gordon Setter or even a Chinese Crested!! So which sex would you think, or does it really matter?
get a crested boy or girl, i have both ask away if you want, i think a crestie would fit in with your bunch
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Crested are infecting dogsey ! But in your situation I'd consider a bitch regardless of breed, though I do prefer dogs!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
There is something about the CC's, either the HL or PP... I so love the ones on here and seeing Ludi with Lola, I reckon they could hold their own with the baubees!
Clo, if we decide to go down the CC route I will be asking you, DD and Liesl!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 05:31 PM
There is something about the CC's, either the HL or PP... I so love the ones on here and seeing Ludi with Lola, I reckon they could hold their own with the baubees!
Get a Crestie I would have a boy but that is because I just prefer them. In fact I admit to finding it a struggle to remember that Lola is a girl, never had one before so just can't get used to it so I am forever appologising to her
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
oh they can certainly hold their own, big dog in a little body asbo's best friend is a husky cross dalmatian daphni is a bit more wary of big dogs, its not a breed thing though, just because she has been attacked and chased so many times

ive got a hairless and a PP, will try and put some pics on of the walk we have just been on for you
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 05:47 PM
I love my boys .... are you girls done I can't remember - if you want to show ideally best to leave 'entire' as can affect the coat - so for me having entire males with an entire female just didn't do it for me... I know I couldn't cope some people can some don't.

I love the boys personality's in both English and Gordons and generally they are very easy going and will get on in mixed sex households.

If you need any help looking for a Gordon let me know

The Chinese certainly are characters but I know I would be so worried of the size ! even though they are BIG characters - I constantly trip over Bentley esp when he was little!

Very exciting and will be watching and waiting!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >