View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 06:05 PM

Irish Bull terrier/ Irish staffordshire bull terrier?

IRISH BULL TERRIER? IRISH STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER?

Just a short thread question! as the owner of the above breed I would like the opinions of all dog owners no matter what breed or type they own, as to what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the above names?
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 06:20 PM
why was this moved? I wanted the opinion of all dog owners not just bull breed owners? thats why I posted in the section I posted it in??
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
IRISH BULL TERRIER? IRISH STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER?

Just a short thread question! what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the above names?
First one, no such thing.
Second one. a type of dog rather than a breed, although bred for many generations, often used as a guise for Pit Bulls, which they look nothing like!
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
First one, no such thing.
Second one. a type of dog rather than a breed, although bred for many generations, often used as a guise for Pit Bulls, which they look nothing like!
they are both names to discribe the same breed the name Irish bull terrier has been used by the breed club, officially since 1990 ands Irish staffordshire bull terrier is the name used by most other people! also I would like to know why you discribe it as a type rather than a breed? thanks for you input!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Ill try to find you some pics of dogs that I personally know who are all Irish Staffs.
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ill try to find you some pics of dogs that I personally know who are all Irish Staffs.
thanks Border but I already know lots of Irish dogs?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Sorry not a lot of help but when I think of Irish staffordshire bull terrier I think gorgeous and handsome as I know one. Told you not much help.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
why was this moved? I wanted the opinion of all dog owners not just bull breed owners? thats why I posted in the section I posted it in??

The thread was moved because it is a breed/type related thread - which we have dedicated sections for.

If you wanted opinions from all dog owners, you would have been better off explaining this in your OP, and the reasons why. So that everyone viewing the thread would see why it might have been left in a non-dedicated section (if it was okayed to stay there by admin that is).

If you want it moved please edit your first post with this in mind and I'll run it by admin for you
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Sorry not a lot of help but when I think of Irish staffordshire bull terrier I think gorgeous and handsome as I know one. Told you not much help.
no thats great thats the sort of answer I wanted! just peoples opinions of the breed. good or bad!
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
The thread was moved because it is a breed/type related thread - which we have dedicated sections for.

If you wanted opinions from all dog owners, you would have been better off explaining this in your OP, and the reasons why. So that everyone viewing the thread would see why it might have been left in a non-dedicated section (if it was okayed to stay there by admin that is).

If you want it moved please edit your first post with this in mind and I'll run it by admin for you
Thanks Carole, will do!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »