Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 02:48 PM

New Hoover Problem (again)

Well as you know I got a new Hoover nearly two weeks ago and I am wondering whether it is faulty or not because when I vaccuum the carpet which is new - none of the fluff goes inside the plastic holder thingy (it's a bagless one) but goes straight to the filter instead and after a few minutes I can hear it making a different noise to what it was probably cos the filter is blocked.

When I vaccum the rug which is also new - the fluff from that goes right into the plastic thing but not from the carpet. When I first started using it it didnt go straight to the filter so I am not very happy with it at all because after 5 mins you have to unclog the filter. My oh says its cos the carpet is new but I can't see why the fluff doesnt just go into the plastic thing (sorry can't remember what its called ) and not right to the filter. So if you was me would you change it for a different model or keep it and put up with it.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
id change it , i hate hoovering i want a robot to do it for me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Change it kiddo - it can't possibly be right!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks you two - think I will - don't fancy keep messing with the filter every 5 minutes.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:22 PM
or better still get some else to hoover for you bad back and all
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:43 PM
What one is it Foxy ? Coz i eventually bought one from Tesco for a fraction of the price of the others I saw

That is a cylinder ( without bags job ) and it sucks up really well, but I have to keep emptying it !!!! and its clogged up
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 06:49 PM
See, I told you you'd have problems with it didn't I!!!!! That's because it's useless Foxy, you will have to change it over to a bagged one like I got the engineer to do with mine, otherwise you will end up with a naff motor, coz all that stuff flying around in there will get into the motor. If I were you, I'd take it back, and get a proper bagless one from a Company who knows how to make them. These are very cheap for the bagless hoovers, so you get what you pay for I suppose. Mine is fine now that it's been converted to a bagged one though! I bet that motor is getting red hot too isn't it????? Believe me, it will drive you mad in the end, it did me!!

p.s. Another fault is, when you empty that plastic carton thing (the one that's supposed to hold all the dust but doesn't!) you sometimes end up knocking out the piece of rubber on the end as you bash it on the side of the bin!! Then you have to go hunting through old rubbish bags to find it - or not, as was the case with me! Nightmare!!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Take it back and get another make!

Aha ... a Microsuck cleaner which comes with built in flaws - does it have a sticker on it saying, "Designed for suckers!"
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2006, 06:59 PM
I had a bagless "Hoover" vacuum cleaner and it kept cutting out after a very short time - when we took it back to Currys the guy said they'd had loads returned and it is a known fault!

We got a bagless Vax turbo Hoover and it has been brilliant, no probs whatsoever!!

I'd take it back and swop brands
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
I had a bagless "Hoover" vacuum cleaner and it kept cutting out after a very short time - when we took it back to Currys the guy said they'd had loads returned and it is a known fault!

We got a bagless Vax turbo Hoover and it has been brilliant, no probs whatsoever!!

I'd take it back and swop brands

Thanks Ozzysmom, think we will take it back tomorrow, can't be doing with all that hassle
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >