Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
parkie12
New Member!
Female 

25-07-2010, 11:54 AM

Hiya (looking for a dog please)

Hiya im karen and new to this site i am putting on an ad looking for a dog in need of a good loving home, i live in falkirk in a flat with communal garden with my partner thomas, we both work but i only work part time 3 hours in the morning so will be there for a dog, i have previously owned a german shepherd and have had many family pets so am experienced. My contact number is 07733118768
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 06:30 PM
You may find that a reputable breeder or some rescues may say no to you purely because you're in a flat without your own garden.

Does the communal garden allow dogs? Is there a specific breed you're thinking of? Are there decent walks near to where you live - parks, woodland, fields, quiet streets and "normal" streets with usual traffic noise?

Are you after a small dog? Large dog? Intelligent breed that needs mental stimulation? One that will lie by the fire and not move? A puppy? Young dog? Older/veteran dog?

You also say you both work but you are part time. So I take it you both work in the morning? Would you be able to take the dog for a walk in the morning, then let it settle before giving it breakfast and then spending time with it before work? When you are back from work, are you able to play with the dog, train it, take it for a second walk of the day etc?

These are all things that I would look at if I was doing a home check TBH. The fact that you live in a flat doesn't always make a lot of difference. I know of people who live in flats/apartments whose dogs have a better life than some people who have big detached houses with huge gardens. So that in itself should really stop you from getting a dog but it is a consideration along with a lot of other things.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
parkie12
New Member!
Female 

25-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Our communal garden allows dogs, but 2 minutes away is victoria park, i am after preferably a staffordshire terrier about 1 year old any sex. I work 3 hours in the morning 6.30 - 9.30 will have the dog a good walk before i go to work then im am with the dog all day, i can train the dog as i have experience and live in a quiet block of flats, sorry about the lack of information.

thanks again karen
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 05:28 PM
In that case, there are lioterally thousands of SBTs in rescue - many of which are PTS purely because they're unwanted. Very young dogs and puppies as well as the older dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Definitely contact your local Staffie Rescue (Brundog on here should be able to help, although she has just had a baby so may be a wee bit tied up!). Good luck in your search.
Kay1794
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2010, 09:21 PM
We at friends of the animals rct have two seven month old staffi x's in, a one year old staffi x in, a 13 week old staffi x in, a 10 month pure staffi in, a 10 month staffi x mastiff in....... need I go on? The point is, as everyone does, we have a lot of beautiful staffs needing homes

Please visit our website where you can see all our dogs needing homes

We re home across the UK and will re home to flats
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Scottish Staffie rescue always have dogs looking for great homes.