View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2004, 06:27 AM
You can do it Gems How is the lovely Purdey getting on?

P.S. Donna's method might also work. But don't chop and change. Pick one method and stick with it for a good while. Once you have given it a fair go (weeks) then, if you are sure it is not going to work, try another way.

Let us know how you go.

SB
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-10-2004, 01:40 PM
This happened to Rocky and his pal Henry a little while ago - A two year old Lab bitch was behind a fence, Henry the Beagle (who was out with Rocky) went up to say 'hello' but this dog was barking like mad, the owner said "she just wants to play" anyway she got out from the other side of the fence and started chasing Henry whilst barking her head off!! Henry (whos is 4 years old and not 2 as I thought!) didnt like it and kept running away from her!

She then saw Rocky who was standing by me and started chasing him! He too ran away from her, made two circles but she wouldn't give up! Her owner was just laughng saying she wants to play, anyway Rocky turned around and barked at her once... she didn't go near him after that! Her owner quickly put her on a lead then as well!

Something similar happened yesterday! We were off to meet Henry and his owner Jo and along the path came running (more like chargin!) a medium sized dog (some sort of spanial I think) growling at Rocky!! Rocky was on the lead still and was actually quite calm, however when the dog came up close i SHOUTED at it to GET OUTTA HERE and it went back, we walked a bit and it followed and growled so again I shouted and did this about three times Rocky was fine actually I think he felt safe with me and he was sooo exicted to see Henry who has been in the Kennels for 6 days as his owner was on hols. I didnt say anything to the owner of the other dog as he looked a bit 'frail' but he was apologetic.

there u go another boring story lol!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Awww poor Rocky

Rocky safe with u!!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah he's only a baba so I gotta look after him. It's like I wouldn't expect my 8 year old nephew to fight off a 40 year old man!
I felt proud of myself tho cos I could see Rocky felt completely safe with me Awwwwwww
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 07:09 PM
That's so sweet eRaze. U and Rocky seem to have built up a great bond between you
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks Nae
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Aww Azz!

SB: purdey is doing very well, im building up car journeys now, and one day hope to bring her into the house, its going to be a big thing for her, so im taking it slowly!!

Ruby was very good today we saw a golden retriever and she didnt bark, i kept her on the lead, and she was just straining to get to it, but didnt bark, she then had a cuddle with the owner and a play with the dog
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2004, 11:08 AM
That's great Gem

Good luch with both Ruby and Purdey
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2