Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-04-2014, 04:46 PM

The house is so quiet without my dogs

I dropped Skye, Breagh and Mij off at the kennels today and despite still having the kids and cats about, the house just seems so still and quiet without them.

We're off to the Outer Hebrides tomorrow but I always feel guilty putting them in a day early.

It's the first time all 3 (these 3) have been in the same large family Kennel together so I'm hoping they'll be OK.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 04:57 PM
wish I was a Kennel
I know,I hate it too BUT you need to get away and their safe and they'll be fine Just remember to bring home pressies or you life will not be worth living ENJOY
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 05:10 PM
My girls went for a day to daycare yesterday, just to keep them familiar with going there in case they have to board, I was at home working and it was awful!! hate not having them here.

PS: they had a ball and have been fast asleep all morning
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2014, 05:29 PM
I am the same Phil, I hate the look he gives me when I drop him off.
He will be going in kennels for 2 weeks in May, dreading it.
But the alternative is divorce proceedings, so no choice really
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I'll bet the house is not a home without them? Enjoy your holiday, we take ours with us or get a friend to house sit.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Phil it must be a big wrench for you putting all three in kennels.
I think the fact they are all together makes a big difference and should give you some peace of mind.

Enjoy your stay in the Hebrides you lucky person
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-04-2014, 05:42 PM
We take one, two or three of them depending on what we're doing and where we're going on holiday but with 4 kids we can't all fit in the People Carrier or the Land Rover Discovery despite them both being 7 seaters.

When we go to our usual holiday cottage we just take 2 cars as the fuel cost is less than the cost of the kennels.

This time we have the added cost of the ferry over to the Western Isles to consider and it's a cottage we've not been to before.
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Oscar has always stayed with my dad while we went away, but as he passed away last year we are starting to look for kennels. We looked at one place and it was a straight no from my partner and myself, my mum has told me I'm cruel but I really need a break she can't look after him as she is in a flat and has no garden. I have found some kennels which have heating and double glasing, I want to start him going a day here and there then weekends before we leave him for 2 weeks feeling guilty talking about it.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Just back from a lovely holiday in the Western Isles however we had a few calls from the kennels because Breagh injured her foot.

They're not sure how it happened although it sounds as though Breagh and Mij have been having some quite tough 'rough and tumbles'.

She had to go to the vet with a split nail on her back leg which had also swollen quite a lot from what I can gather.

The vet tidied it up and gave her an antibiotic injection and the next day she was due back to have her nail removed.

Seems that when she returned the vet decided not to remove the nail but cut it right back and bandage it up.

She's spent the last few days in solitary away from Skye and Mij and has been waring the collar of shame.

Picking them up tomorrow so should know a bit more about it then.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Aww poor Breagh, hope she's ok, but will be very excited to see you but I'm sure she will also feel sorry for herself especially with the collar of shame xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >