Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:31 AM

Fight!

So last night, I am upstairs on the phone to my friend, Dan (Oosband) is in the kitchen with Molly doing her mat exercise.

Both crates are in the kitchen and Ima is in hers watching Dan and Molly.

For reasons best know to himself Dan decides to open the door to Ima's crate to "see how they do" he had Molly on lead and was trying to get her to lay down while also asking Ima to lay down outside her crate, well guess what happened

All I could hear upstairs where snarls and barks and Danny yelling away, I threw the phone across the room and shot downstairs and there the silly sod is still holding on to Mollys lead in the middle of two frenzied snarling lumps of fur, muscle and teeth trying to get them to stop.

When I came in the kitchen that was enough for Ima to look round and break off from Molly so I could then move her out of the way. Silly husband got a few choice words thrown at him!!

Both dogs are fine and slept next to each other in their crates happy as can be last night. and Danny learned yet another lesson in dogs and patience!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't envy you - having to cope with two dogs and then have the added ingredient of a 'bloke' chucked in the mix!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:35 AM
I love him to bits but he can be such a numb nut at times
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
I love him to bits but he can be such a numb nut at times
Can't they all?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:55 AM
A numb nut?
Mine gets on my nerves in one area where Lacey is concerned He feeds her from the table!!
He doesn't be here weekdays and myself and the girls have are tea at the table every night,she lies in her bed as unconcerned
Friday & Saturday when he's home she's hovering round the table like she's starving and he's picking bits off his plate and feeding it to her.Like talking to a wall saying anything so I just don't bother She'd be sitting on a chair next to us with a plate of her own if he had his way!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 12:12 PM
I think that's lovely (if infuriating) Lacey. Better than him mooching around muttering that you think more of the dog than you do of him!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about their scuffle which I presume that is all it was and no blood was drawn. I'm sure June will confirm this that dogs (most of them anyway) will have an 'argument' at some or other and I equate it to children having cross words and slinging a punch.

My two, every now and then, will have a screaming match - in each others faces - and its always over food. It used to really worry me but not any more as they are still the best of friends and sleep together by choice in the same bed ..... in fact they are almost inseparable.

I presume the 'trigger' was whatever unusual activity our OH was carrying out on the kitchen and the fact that one dog was out while the other wasn't?

I wouldn't panic but it is horrible when it happens isn't it.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 01:18 PM
What can I say? Typical husband. Glad both dogs are OK.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 02:08 PM
It is horrible yes, one of the worst noises to hear I think, always makes my heart pound!!

Not overly worried just miffed that he got ahead of himself and put them in a situation where they felt the need for handbags at dawn.

I have been very lucky over the years that non of my dogs have every really kicked off, we have had words but no real scuffles, it's hard to see these two have such difficulty
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Unlike dogs men are untrainable,

Just give them a few days for their stress levels to go down then start over again, that may sound daft but they seem to progress much quicker as they have been their before, it also seems to help them as well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >