Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Mia had a fight :(

Seems to be the weather for dog fights
In a way it isnt really as bad as I thought to start with

Walking my pair in the middle of nowhere when I see a family coming my way with 2 staffy type dogs

I walk in the other direction seeing they are going for the path and Im heading for the field

Mia takes a look at them but I call her and she comes and plays the ball with me

Then one of their dogs comes running right over (a whole field distance) so I send my pair to make friends
soon their dog and Mia are zooming all over the place having a great time

the dog flirts and zooms back to its owners so I let Mia go over and make friends and I walk over and say hello

The dogs were all getting along fine, getting fuss by all us humans and I was talking to the lady

Then I see Mia is lying down having a munch on some grass when the other dog comes over and stands right over her

She gives him hard eye and puts her ears right back
I am just calling her over to me when the man leans over and starts petting her
So now she is on the floor with a dog standing over her and a man effectivly pinning her down
Before I can step in there a scuffle kicks off

Honestly didnt see the start but pretty sure from what was going on Mia started it to try and get out of there

Both dogs were so little and fast it was hard to get a hold of them (they werent gonna seperate on their own)
But lots of noise and no damage done - and actually Mia was calm and waggy at the other dog as soon as I had got her

Im disappointed in myself that I let her get in that situation and so glad noone was hurt
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh dear things can literally "kick off" so quickly can't they?

Try not to focus on where you went wrong (or thought you did!) but remember how well Mia is doing with other dogs after all the hard work you have put in to training her.

The main thing is no-one got hurt and you can learn from this experience for another time.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry it happened to you, it's never nice. At least there was no damage done though and you say Mia was calm and waggy after the fight so that's a good thing. Sometimes things do kick off just too quickly for us to prevent it. And other people don't help by doing silly things and not realising it.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 03:03 PM
sorry to hear that, but dont blame yourself. things like that happen, and luckily you were with other dog people that unerstood the situation.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 05:07 PM
If no harm was done I would congratulate the girl rather than getting worried. Sounds like she put her foot down and resolved a tricky situation to me.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 05:52 PM
I know how you feel but things can start so quickly.

No-one got hurt and Mia sounds as if she has got over it.

Dogs eh!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh that dog fight noise is the absolute pits isn't it.........really horrible and guaranteed to set your heart pounding.

I am so glad that no damage was done, and from what you have said there is absolutely nothing to blame yourself for, although we all usually do that for some reason when something goes wrong!

As there WAS no damage, then perhaps neither dog actually meant it and it was just a scuffle of no real consequence, and next time they meet they will cement a stronger friendship.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 06:18 PM
So glad no dog was harmed and I think Mia did really well in that situation. They make such a noise and it happens so fast you can't really see what is going on so it is really frightening. Agree with Bitkin - will probably be very friendly to each other if they meet again.