Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 08:22 AM

Another question for the ladies!

Ok ive recently gone on the pill, im on yasmin, its supposed to help with weight loss, trouble is my skin is bad, my face has gone quite rashy and red, its not really bad but is itchy like hell! (nothing a bit of make up cant fix! )

I dont want to change, because others will cause weight gain which i dont want, what should i do? is there a pill to keep weight down and keep skin clear?

thanks
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi Gems,

Sorry about the problems you have been having. Well I dont want to start dishing out medical advice but one pill I know of may be worth enquiring more abot at the doctors.

I was on a pill called Dianette which does not affect weight gain. I know that it is not automatically prescribed as a contraceptive (although that is its main use) as it is often used as treatment for acne/skin conditions and, in my case, Polycistic Ovaries (PCOS).

If your itching I would say the only sensible option would be to go see your GP as you may be allergic to it.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Laura
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 08:37 AM
thanks laura, i thought it would be a bit lucky to get one i got on with first time round, i have had this skin condition before, always this time of year, but its worse now im on the pill.

I will go and see my GP as soon as!

I have heard of Dianette, will mention that... thanks again
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Definitley worth going back Gems. I put on weight when I came off Dianette, but only because it was keeping the PCOS at bay and I did not know at the time I had it. But I do remember when I first started on Dianette being given a leaflet and it explained that it was one pill which helped control weight.

Laura
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I agree ... most important go see ur GP as a reaction does not sound normal. I have suffered from "those womanly type" of medical problem, and its a miracle I fell pregnant. Have been tried on about 7/8 different pills over the years, had bad reactions to all, especially weight gain. Then was put onto a VERY low dosage one (cant remember which one now). It did not give me any reactions, and helped my skin. So ask GP if a LOW DOSAGE pill will help. I know when I was living in UK they had not yet brought out one that was even near the low dosage as the one I was on, but the lady I saw put me on the lowest dosage UK had. It was almost as good.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks Tam and laura i will sort it out, ive just found my skin tablets for my allergies, do you think it would be safe to take them along with the pill, or should i check with GP first?
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi Gems, I've been on Dianette for years to keep my acne under control. It has definately helped with the acne, but I have noticed that since I started it I have had the most horrid cellulite (not a major problem I know). I am only about 8 stones and walk alot so the only thing I can think of that could have caused it is the Dianette. I was speaking to one of my volunteers and she has the same problem since she went on it - she is skinnier than me and has done modelling, so she isn't happy about this cellulite.

I am also very sick with Dianette, depending on what time of the day I take it. I have to take it at night so that I am sleeping during the time that I feel sick which is about three hours after taking it.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Sorry to hear that Joanne, i guess everyone is bound to have some kind of reaction to the pill, which ever it is. Maybe ill start looking at the injection? hmmm

thanks for the advice
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Gems if your skin tablets are antihistamines I would think that they would be OK to take with your pill. I always take antihistamines with mine because I'm allergic to DOGS .

Hope you get it sorted.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Your allergic to dogs! blimey!

Will call GP to double check! Cheers
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >