Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:14 PM

Buster - SBTX

Buster-approx. age 11yrs. Staffie X

August 20th 1997, we received a phone call about a dog’s body lying under a hedge in Greenock. We jumped in the car and drove from Edinburgh, which is about 50+ miles. When we got there I discovered that the dog had blood coming from his ears, nose and mouth so I thought the poor dog must have been hit by a car. We thought that the dog was dead. I moved closer and heard a whimper and realised he was still alive. We rushed him to the nearest Vet., which happened to be The Royal Dick Vet in Glasgow. We had the poor dog X-rayed and found he had a fractured skull and his front paws both had fractures. We left him in the vet overnight. When we phoned the next morning we were shocked to find the injuries he had sustained were actually done at separate times. His so called owners had first fractured his skull, then about 48 hours later decided to break his legs then left him for dead. We feel they must have really hit him with great force because as you all know a Staffies head is solid. We brought him home to have some home comfort. We really thought he was going to die. We went through the names that a lot of male Staffies have and he answered to Buster. He had total cage rest and soon started to recover. I stayed up at nights just to make sure he was all right. I even slept in the large cage with him cuddling him to stop him shaking. After a couple of weeks we noticed how much he trusted us, and that was when we decided to give Buster a permanent home. Well he really settled here and we brought a lot of the rescue dogs into our house and Buster accepted them, let them eat his dinner, let them play with his toys even, but one thing he didn’t allow was any dog, be it male or female, come between him and his fire. In the winter he suffered from Arthritis so he needed his heat, and his fleece blanket and sometimes a nice warm bed. People told us that we were spoiling the dog but when he looked at you with his sad eyes then started the Staffie shake you just melted. Buster stayed here for the rest of his life without worry. He was a very happy and content dog. I have to admit it really broke my heart when he died. He had a tumour in his splean that ruptured. poor boy but he never felt anything.
Tracie

alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Thats beautiful!...welling up here!

Its obvious he knew you meant him no harm that why he grew to trust you so much!

And i know the staffy shake well!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Oh Tracie what a sad story
Made me cry now
Buster is lucky to have been taken under your fairy godmother wing and given the love and affection he deserves. You have a heart of gold and I'm sure you wouldn't believe how much you are appreciated by all of us who have been blessed with your help
RIP Buster and rest assured that your last days on this earth were the best any dog could wish for xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:23 PM
aww what a really beautiful story on the rescue of the beautiful dog that was left for dead how lucky he was to have come across having brilliant new owners yourselfes
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks folks, he was a very special boy.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by scotbun1
Thanks folks, he was a very special boy.
how long did you have the wee man Tracie?
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:34 PM
The vet reckoned he would live for 4 - 5 days but we had him for 4 years.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:35 PM
The vet reckoned he would live for 4 - 5 days but we had him for 4 years.
Bless him, best years of his life Did you ever found out who hurt wee Buster?
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Bless him, best years of his life Did you ever found out who hurt wee Buster?
No but to be honest I'm glad I didn't or I would've been jailed for a few years.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 07:47 PM
No but to be honest I'm glad I didn't or I would've been jailed for a few years.
Yeah suppose. Breaks my heart to hear stories like that because I know they don't all have a happy ending like Buster Thank god for people like you Tracie :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >