Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 10:36 PM

stafford owners please help me

I need stafford owners to answer the question.
Does your stafford(s) pull on a lead?

Okay why you may ask well this has really annoyed me someone on another site today said "my stafford pulls so much she almost vomits" another person said "all staffords pull"
And I have to say I see more people being towed by staffs and staff X's than any other breed. But why?????

Staffs are intelligent, and if I can get my staff to walk at heel on and off lead. Why can't others? Tess is learning too she gets excited YES, and she does not go off lead heel too risky apart from in the park(away from roads) or the garden she's a pup, but I wouldn't have a staff or any dog that was constantly pulling my arm out of it's socket.

So there are enough Stafford owners on here to tell me
AM I WRONG have my 5 staffords over the last 26 years been FLUKES

Karen
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Karen
I saw the post on the other board and having been owned by staffies for the last 16 years I have to say yes all mine have pulled at one time or another.
Gus finally walks nice now at the age of two- not through want of training either
Libby pulls like a trooper at the mo- unless shes in the ring when she knows she has to walk nicely.

I think staffys *can* be prone to pull - given their strength as well but equally I have seen others walk beautifully on the lead
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Lel. I agree staffords do pull, but the thing is you have just said the thing that drives me up the wall
Libby pulls like a trooper at the mo- unless shes in the ring when she knows she has to walk nicely.

If she KNOWS she can't pull in the ring she will easily learn not to pull on a walk.
I agree a lot of staffs have a tendency to pull. The thing is lots of owners seem to have a tendency not to care
Edited to say
Okay just reread my post and not sure if "EASILY" is the right word but to me it shows she can do it.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 10:59 PM
My 3 don't really pull with me, well not very much, but they will pull with other people. I think if they think they can get away with it they will They are not daft
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 11:00 PM
The thing is lots of owners seem to have a tendency not to care
excuse me ??
I do care and I DO putting the effort in
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Exactly Mitch.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Exactly Mitch.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Mine all walk better seperately.
Infact they are better in every way when they are alone.
If one is naughty, you can guarantee another will follow.

But going back to what Lel said, they definitely know when they are on the mat, especially Rio she never pulls at all when walking on the mat. But while out on a walk she need regular correction.

Mitch
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 06:01 AM
Apologises here I can't find a way of explaining it properly without causing offence I don't think. And I did not mean you don't care Lel I apologise.

Sorry
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2004, 06:30 AM
I think any dog will pull on the lead if they think they can get away with it.

Star is walking a lot better now but will still try if she thinks the person holding her will let her, and its not nice having a 60lb dog dragging you down the street
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >