Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by annestaff
The only thing Harvey can do which is remotely cleaver is that he can open doors and let himself, and the others, in and out. Wish he learn to shut the door behind him though
Now this is something my Cassy has proved very useful at, she is the same though and can only open the door one way.

Both her and Kip go and fetch their leads if I tell them "go walkies, go get your lead", they go out to the hall and bring it back through, not sure whether this is really clever or normal?

Laura
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm pararoid about the amount of noise my 3 make, especially Shaan, as he bark quite a lot

My neighbour used to own an APBT, and he used to get the dog to bark deliberatly, and at nothing. Even after speaking to my neighbour, he still carried on It took me threatening him with legal action to get him to stop doing it
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
How close are you to them though ? In a terrace house or a flat/apartment the noise would start to grind on your nerves
Ok saying that, we aren't that close.
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 01:15 PM
I've just been reading about this story and Mr. Pigott claims that his dogs dont bark for longer than 10 seconds a day!! now if thats true then my goodness I think we should all start saving our pennies!!! lol

Here's the link

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2004, 01:18 PM
10 seconds a day I reckon somethings wrong there then, mine don't bark for 10 seconds aday.lol
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Well he would say that I cant really see council officials slapping him with a fine for 10 seconds of barking. Working in a place where we often have to do noise monitoring they would have to have reports ect to back the claim up, can you imagine them going back with 10 seconds of tape saying "this is how bad it has gotten" lol. Perhaps both sides are stretching the truth just a little as realistically 10 seconds doesnt sound like a long time for such a harsh punishment...

My dogs rarely bark but even they pobably do more than 10 seconds lol.
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Thats me totally broke then
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm just glad I live in the country in a house on its own the nearest house is about 1/4 of a mile away
But the dogs don't make that much noise ,Benji barks when a dog is on TV or a stranger is at the door and Kira can't really bark properly yet she sort of half howls and barks it sounds really funny at times
But the kids are the worst offenders they make more noise than anything!!
Plus a Cockrel who somtimes crows at 3am?!!

I'm glad I'm not in that guys shoes
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Bowring Park is near to a Golf club i think - so maybe he has snobby neighbours
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 02:28 PM
my neighbours wouldn't dare complain...they have 4 kids under 5 with no stair carpet down and they make enough noise in the summer to make Inca wear a walkman in the garden when trying to catch some rays ...............now my kids are growing up and go out most school holidays i got then calling me through the fence

my dogs do have a mad few mins and bark but they wouldn't dare say anything....not with kids who whine and shout all day..
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >