Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janey70
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Worms !

hi today i gave tj my pup of 6 and half weeks a half a worming tablet i have been keeping an eye on him anyway for worms just in case but hadnt seen anything untill just now ! im wondering if the tablet is taking effect and getting rid of them or this is just start very worried ?? some one advise plz ? he had half a drontael so its a good brand
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey

I would be worming with Milebax (sp) paste for puppies, which you can only get from your vet. Pups are born with worms and need to be wormed regulary. I would say every month at least until 6 months old and from from then on on a regular basis. I would take your pup to vet and get advice from them. 6 weeks old is a bit young to be away from mum though.

Good luck
Elaine x
janey70
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Hi and welcome to Dogsey

I would be worming with Milbemax for puppies, Pups are born with worms and need to be wormed regulary. I would take pup to vet and get advice from them. 6 weeks old is a bit young to be away from mum though.

Good luck
Elaine x
hi and thanks i no his young to be away from his mum but owner found out she was pregnant so wanted to get rid of them early so she said ive had him a week now and he seems ok she said he wasnt due to be wormed till next week but i decided to give him one today now im wondering is it the tablet taking effect as ive never seen them in his poo untill today and have been keeping close eye on him as i changed his food as wasnt agreeing with him ???
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 03:20 PM
You quite often don't see them in their poo it's only when you worm that they come out. OUr Poppy never showed signs, (she's a rescue at 15 weeks) until we wormed her and I was shocked.

It might upset his tum a bit, but I would honestly make an apoitment to see your vet for monday just to get him looked over and checked out. the vet will give you the right wormer for his age.

elaine xx
janey70
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2009, 03:29 PM
elaine he has appoinment 2moz anyway for first injection so will tell the vet , the tablets could be used on puppies i got them from chemist that do all dog stuff and i questioned the sales assistant quite well and we both looked on packaging and clearly states for his weight half a tablet hope ive done right thing feel awful now but like u said must be tablet working thats made them show up ?
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Good for you taking on this responsibility. We have bred several litters and use drontal to worm them at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 weeks. Then every 3 months thereafter. They go to their new homes around 9 weeks.

So I think you have dont the right thing.

Your puppy will have worms. I have never actualy seen a worm because all my dogs are regularly wormed and the bitch is wormed whilst in whelp with Panacur.

I believe modern wormers disintegrate the worms and that is why I've seen nothing. The chances are your puppy has not been properly wormed by his breeder and that is why you have seen some now.

Dont worry, once you have taken charge, everything will be fine.

Hope you enjoy your new puppy !

THalice's Mum
janey70
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2009, 04:59 PM
thanks thalice i think the so called breeders used a cheap wormer a liquid one but i no cheap isnt good plus i noticed a sign of him maybe having worms by dragging his bottom on floor thats why i gave him the tablet then low and behold worms !
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Good for you!! he'll be fine, can we have some piccies please

Elaine xxx
janey70
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:25 PM
would love to show u a pic but cant seem to find how u do it on here ?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 08:19 PM
The easiest way is to open an account with photobucket, just goggle it....it's free and then upload your pics to there, then copy and paste the img code, underneath your photo onto your post on here....easy peasy lemon squeasy

Elaine xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >