Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We will call him for a boiler service in late Spring early Summer. Hopefully it will behave itself now.
If it's all working now wouldn't it be better to wait until the Autumn then you should be set up for winter which is when you need it most.

Ooops, sorry I forgot you want to be out of there by November don't you

I will get H2O back in the Autumn but need to get the outlet pipe changed to a vertical type as I don't like all that 'fluming' stuff that currently comes out in my face when I'm out there.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Wee (( hug)) for LAURYN,from her Auntie E
TW, At you missing the batter geneWe'll wait for you,get a move on
Think I might be in love with David Essex he's on itv
GRIFF,if your mum got 3 fuller for longer meals,3 for £10,That's basically £3.33 each for a meal plus cause they are fuller for longer that should do you all day Also some good bargains to be had in M&S if you look for the special offer stickers.Mostly stuff with a nearly up sell by date but what the hey, can always freeze it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2015, 05:06 PM
LOL at all the cleaning sat waiting for us to come in and do it, only Eileen is the virtuous one Off outside to put fresh bedding down for the girls, its still really light and gone 5, didn't realise the time.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2015, 06:13 PM
5.45 when I pulled the curtains. hope everyone has a good evening. tt
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Little story to pass the time.
When we lived on the Langshott estate in Horley Surrey we bought a brand new 4 bed house. Only moved in for a few months and we had a knock on the door. On answering it there was a double glazing salesman trying to flog the stuff.

We said not interested and he said he was getting the same answer right across the whole estate and could not understand why.

Yes you guessed it already

We said have you looked at the windows on the estate? if not take a look at ours for example.

He went red faced and walked away, every house /flat/ bungalow had double glazing from new.
Still bless him he was a tryer
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2015, 06:24 PM
I had a double glazing salesman at the door a few years ago - I pointed out my new hardwood double glazed windows, and he said well didn't I fancy a change
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2015, 06:31 PM
David Essex swoon he just gets better with age.
Doubt we will be out by Autumn Harvey with all that needs doing and the hold ups we have had. We will get it serviced in the warmer months so it will hopefully be ready for up and running for next Winter. If all goes well though you never know if we can find a buyer quick enough.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2015, 06:38 PM
the salesmen come here and they try for windows, fascia boards and then conservatories, half the time i fib and say it is rented and they go off quite happy then
Bless TW being a bit behind with her batter making skills... i have never ever tried to make batter and certainly not yorkshire puds...me and scalding oil, heck no
My mum noticed how bright the voiles were, so that is that job done and finished for a couple of months
munched veg stirfry for my dinner, gave my dad salmon and stirfry... he wasn't keen
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Well I've chipped the plaster off the staircarpet 2 lots of dustsheets going up the stairs, which I kept on whilst I got to grips with the kitchen, and there's still a mess on them mmm the salmon and stir fry sounds good
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Evening all - We had a double glazing salesman once - I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. My apologies to Mr Lector for blatant plaguerism!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >