Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2016, 06:59 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 19th December

Good Morning all, up with the lark this morning.

Glad you enjoyed your night out Griff.

Harvey, your Casey certainly knows how to find the dead rabbits! yuk!

LG hope Gypsy's paw is improving.

I hope everyone is ok and have had a good night.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Pleased you enjoyed your night out Griff and as you were home early no doubt you will not have a hangover

Hope Gypsy's paw is feeling better today Gordon and your wallet is not too light once the mem's presents have been purchased

Harvey, Casey is trying to keep his feed bill down by bringing his own home

Dull and a bit misty this morning. Washing going through tumble dryer and Teazle walked. Just a few leaves to sweep up in the front of the house and that is it for the day.

hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Grey and dull here today. Not that cold though. Just had a really cute vid of the babies
A few bits and pieces to do today after girls been on the river, will take Cariad and Keshi out as normal, then the rest are on the river. Lights have to go back, will not work no matter what I do. LPG for the car, Rude Post Office to be queued in.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2016, 11:11 AM
June, I don't envy you your queueing at the rude post office.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, your Casey certainly knows how to find the dead rabbits! yuk!
Hello Moyra, a rare occassion we are 'on line' at the same time but nice

He is getting better, a year ago he was finding them all over, now it's just occassionaly, but that field must be half a mile square at least so the middle a quarter mile from the path, and still his nose can find them, amazing.

Hope you have a nice walk with Amber, it's a tad drizzly around here, hope it's better where you are. Have to go to the Post Office now, our local one has a black German Shepherd behind the counter, lovely, and far nicer than June's rude P.O. person Will be back latter.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2016, 12:26 PM
When I had my Post office down in West Sussex I had two Labradors behind the counter recognized by all my customers.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone. Miserable cold weather here today and wet.
Not long been in from food shopping for christmas. Only need to get to the butcher now and make up my mind what we will be eating meat wise.
Also to pop and get Dillon some bags of mince to make sure he eats over christmas to.
Gorden and I need a little time out to buy each other a few small bits. we usually shop for ourselves after christmas.

Hope everyone is having a good and and are well and all our four legged friends to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Took Cariad and Kesh onto the field, kept my eyes peeled and sure enough, I had just finished tidying them up (luckily had got leads looped over the fence and clipped back onto their collars) when a couple appeared on the field next to the road and started throwing a ball for their staffy. Staffy had eyes only for the ball, but so did mine, and Kesh was doing her best imitation of a yodelling meerkat. They kept looking but obviously their dim brains did not connect the two events. I managed to get off the field by using an exit behind the football changing rooms. No idea what would have happened if I had had 3 of them running loose, mayhem probably. Lona, Mabs and Zen did go on the river as I had already decided and enjoyed themselves. Erosion is getting quite bad down there, where all the fencing is against the river bank, the last incursion has worn a tunnel underneath it, so I can see that little lot breaking loose next time it is high. Mill grounds have a picnic area with some benches, and you can see there has been water up there and the fence has gone. Last year there was a lot of ground between the picnic area and the river, now it has lessened a lot. What sort of stupidity is this and how long are they going to close their eyes to this, will the mill (listed building) be flooded out or the entire village flooded before they shift all the cr@p thats being washed up along there
After a while in the queue (only 2 people serving, then a 3rd eventually came on) got my parcels off. Saw the Big Issue seller outside Asda, thank goodness he is safe. He said he went early on Friday as he was getting cold and it hurts when he's cold. Gave him his birthday card and he gave me a hug.
Took my lights back to Home Bargains and they were fine about it, took the new set home, put batteries in, and they aren't working. Now I don't believe even I could get two sets of lights that don't work, so I must be doing or not doing something. Anyone got an idea about what is going on
So thats all the main stuff done, got some prezzie to wrap for in the week still and for Sunday.
LOL Lynn, poor Dillon going without over Christmas, I don't think so
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I don't believe even I could get two sets of lights that don't work, so I must be doing or not doing something. Anyone got an idea about what is going on
Are they Xmas tree lights If they are then every bulb must be srewed in corectly, if even one bulb is loose then none of them will work, that's the only thing I can think of.

That's the older types, the newer ones might work differently but it's worth a try.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2016, 06:30 PM
You are right June Dillon certainly won't be going without. He has a new I think Julius K9 harness on the way new training lead new long line and he has a new collar.
All in a lovely bright green. Plus he will get some treats no toys he has so many and only plays with a certain few.

Harvey's idea may be worth a try with the lights surely they can't both be dud. Can they ? That's the sort of thing that happens here.

Gorden rang his insurance today just to check what's happening with the hire car we do not want any charges for overrunning our permitted use.
Well the car is still in storage and hasn't been moved as they said to be assessed. So much for a settlement figure this week then. Unless they get a move on. Which they might as they are paying for the hire car.

On a plus note I went into Iceland and got some christmas bits and knew I had a £5 bonus so mentioned it at the till. The woman checked then said I had £27 on my card I usually round my shopping bill up when I shop there not by much though. So my Iceland shopping cost me zero and I still have £8.00 sitting on there.
I was gobsmacked that sort of thing doesn't normally happen to me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >