Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 01:31 AM

Daily Thread , Monday 3rd October

Morning all,
Not been to sleep yet and doubt I will get any kip now so will get out of bed again shortly.
Moyra, I hope if you had to go to the hospital the visit was quick and productive and any treatment Steve got acts quickly
Off out early, got an errand to run so had better not nod off lol
Hope you all have a good day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 06:26 AM
Good morning all and thanks Griff for starting the Thread. I didn't go with him to the hospital I thought I ought but he wasn't gone all that long before he was back issuing orders. They told him to take Senokot which I had already told him to try and I also gave him some glycerine capsule suppositories which he has not used as yet but her prescription describes something very similar. He wants me to go get everything as soon as the chemist opens.

I hope everyone else is ok this morning. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Morning griff and Moyra and all who follow.
Good luck with the errand griff.
Moyra hemorrhoids is painful granted but not disabling and if Steve got to the hospital by himself I am sure he can get to the chemist for his prescription. What did he do for you when you were unwell ?
Thank goodness my boys aren't like it granted they don't live with us but if they visit, when they do have to stay here only Mark so far and when they did live at home we never had this nonsense and disrespect.
Good to see you back LG.

Mark going for his interview today leaving about two interview at 4 and stopping in Harlow for a bit to catch up with friends so will be doing his first drive in the dark and on his own. Will be worrying till he arrives back.
Hoping today to see Beth to mention about the vegetation being cut back down the drive as they are back to blocking the drive with the van overnight. If Dillon was taken seriously ill ie: bloat it would take minutes he couldn't afford knocking them up and getting the van moved for me to get to the vet. We agreed it to it in the beginning and soon after they sorted it, now it's overgrown again so difficult for the van to get down the drive and they have planted a storage box on the parking spot created for the van.
Paul's back is bad but Mark and I are prepared to do the work in the week or all of us at the weekend.
Feel a little like my good nature is being abused at this time. I know Paul lost his mum two weeks ago but I can't go on worrying and getting annoyed.

Hoping everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2016, 07:05 AM
Good morning Griff, Moyra and all the sleepy heads who will eventually follow.
Cold up here today but the weather seems to hold the promise of sunshine later on, albeit not very warm at this time of year. Do hope that your toe has stopped hurting, Griff, also that your errand is successful and easily accomplished. Moyra, do wrap up well if you have to go chasing round after the requisites of your thankless offspring, don't want your cold getting worse! All he'd get off me would be a good kick up the backside, which given his current delicate posterior, would stir him up a bit!
Off out for a good root round now with my dingoes in tow. Later in the day I have a business meeting (yawn) but must be done, as this will conclude my involvement in matters north of the border.
My scottish trips have been on behalf of a friend who has purchased some buildings and land in Argyll and I have been advising on it's development and potential as a sporting holiday venue/mixed farming venture. Truly beautiful part of the world and I've enjoyed helping out. The Mem has loved it, as it's a change from our spot which tends to run itself nowadays and the dogs have had a whale of a time. They do so love fresh sights and smells and throw themselves whole-heartedly into investigating everything.
So that's it from me for a while - will be back this evening - have a good day all, bye fer now. G.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2016, 07:12 AM
Morning Lynn - just cross posted with you. Hope you get the drive sorted out, it is very annoying when people go back on their word over things like access etc. The sooner you sort it - the better for all concerned really. Bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2016, 07:43 AM
Morning Gordon yes it is annoying and as soon as I see one of them I will be bringing the subject up. Really do not want to be on bad terms with them. If the access road does not go ahead we will hopefully be on the market next year.
Do not need neighbour disputes raising its ugly head.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2016, 07:48 AM

Good morning all

Well the sun is out so going to be a nice day.

A vampire bat flew back to his cave with his face covered in blood. As soon as the other vampire bats saw him they wanted to know about his blooded face
He didn't want to say but after being pestered he decided it was best to show them. So he flew out of the cave followed by hundreds of other vampire bats. He went over hills and down a valley until he came to a field with a huge oak tree in the middle.

Turning to those following he said "You see that big oak tree in the middle of the field?"

"Yes yes" they all said

"Well I didn't"
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 08:17 AM
Lol Tumbleweed, that is hilarious!!!
Moyra, i appreciate Steve may be uncomfortable and it must be an awful thing to suffer with but taking it out on you isn't fair...yes i get ill tempered and annoyed...alot but i genuinely try not to take it out on people and if i do i soon apologise and just think...if he had listened to you to begin with he may have avoided the hospital
Lynn, oh dear, fully understand your concerns about the drive...to be honest the last thing you want to be doing is having to knock someones door early hours to get a vehicle moved
LG, very pleased to hear a good time was had by all parties ooop in that there scotland, my dad loves it up there but will only go when there are no midges Lol
errand run...got the train and cut a bit of my journey... it seems to take forever on a bus and i know this sounds awful but some of the people are quite whiffy and i can't be doing with stinky people at the best of times...let alone first thing on a morning Lol my theory is soap and water is not expensive so no excuse not to be clean and not whiffy
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 08:47 AM
LG sounds as though you have had a lovely time in the highlands you and the family. I have just been up to the chemist and got all his requisites. I just hope he will get on and use the darn stuff instead of grumbling that he still thinks he should go back to the hospital. Welcome home by the way.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Morning all.

Off to the bank shortly and bit of shopping into work tonight, weather here is fine and dry washing on the line and another load in the machine.

I don't share a drive I think it would be the one thing that would irritate me to hell and back I hate inconsiderate parking.
I really like Argyll and envy you the visit hope your friend makes a go of it.
Like the vapire bat joke not heard that before. LOL

Moyra I have no idea what to say with regard to your sons attitude to you. Hope he feels better soon.

Griff glad you took the train and cut your journey time. Have agood day.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »